Help with rich text on script

thank you, hopefully you find one.

does this work?

This text will be hidden

Sadly, you can’t change it to something like that. You can change it to something else like ' or -

Nope. Doesn’t work. 20chrrrrrr

How does grand piece online do it?

oh, well. can i see what it looks like?

By seperate UI Element?

(20000000000000000000 chars)

I’m pretty sure they use rich text but im not 100% sure.

oh, okay. i’ll just open studio and try to find a way on how to do it.

i found a solution now, it’s because adding another less than and greater than will break the rich text. so what you want to do instead is use escape characters, less than use ‘& lt;’ (with no space since it turns into their specific characters) and greater than use ‘& gt;’ instead. it will still show <> this

local textxd = 'Received Item <font color="#FFA500">'.."&lt;" .. child.Name .. '&gt;'..'</font>'

i have tested it now and it’s 100% working

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I hope you have a great life, you saved me :weary:

1 Like

you’re welcome, also goodluck on your game. :smiley:

thank you, it’s been a stressful journey but it will eventually pay off :happy2:

1 Like

hey so, sorry if this is actually late but how do I make a typewriter effect for it? idk how this
module works too [Supports RichText] Typewriter Module

edit: ignore this post please.

I dont know how it works, I’ve read the thread but I just dont know how. I’m really dumb.

It shows how many characters will be shown on text label, it also takes into account RichText.

If your text label says, “Test text.”, and you set property “MaxVisibleGraphemes” to 1, it will display only “T”. By default this is set to -1 which means all the text will be shown.

It works for RichText. If your text is “<b>Test text.</b>”, and you set the property to 1. It will display “T” in bold instead of “<”.

1 Like

I dont see the maxvisiblegraphemes property in my textlabel…

Edit: Nevermind! I see it, thank you!