Help with scaling

im trying to make a inventory gui that will scale to the screen.

i know to use scale instead of offset and i am but its messing things up so badly and making my life a pain.

my ui grid layout is NOT working and will only make columns.

im actually going insane at this point over this and i want to cry. i know this may be vague but any help with how to make the ui is appreciated

in other words: CAN I SIZE MY UI TO THE SCREEN WITHOUT USING THE STUPID SCALE
if anyone here has made a grid based inventory design please tell me how i should base this ui

should i just use offset? my game is pc only and the monitor i work with is only 24 inches

If I understand what you mean, then you might want to use UIAspectRatioConstraint to keep the frame with the correct ratio.
You should use AutoScale Lite plugin. To do this just click Add Constraint while selecting the whole frame to maintain the original ratio. Now it shouldn’t add new columns when the screen
You shouldn’t use offset, it will go off screen for mobile users
Sorry if I misunderstood you! :smile:

the frames were in the correct ratio and i was using that. my game is pc only and every other open sourced inventory system uses offset for position and scale, and then have the main frame with 0.5 anchor and 0.5 scale position. generally it’s just more convenient to use pixels for inventory, it’s hard to describe every issue but it all comes down to the use of scale and the fact this is a scripting problem (as in it causes problems for when i’m scripting it to work) i’ve tried changing what goes under what to prevent stretching, but it’s getting too hard to work with