Hidable Topbar!

I think I made that PR some time ago.
It actually uses the :SetGuiIntentThing(0,0,0,0) so those 36px become 0px.
(I think I did that, or I just set .Visible to false. but I think I did that ^)

It’s so sad that we get an empty bar there when we want to get rid of the Topbar.
Just enlarging the gap between pc, mobile and console.
(simple GUIs that worked on all, now suddenly have an empty bar on some)

Yeah, I really don’t understand why they would allow us to open up this topbar space but then not actually be able to use it normally. Especially because it still is doable with extremely hacky code, but for whatever reason they just don’t want it to be easy for us… Thinking that people wouldn’t wanna put stuff at the very top of the screen after having freed up that topbar space is crazy.

There needs to be a method that removes the 36px offset and allows regular button clicks in that newly-opened area, or this just isn’t worth the trouble of using very much.

I imagine it being especially annoying to work with when you’re creating a cross-platform game that includes consoles, since all of your GUIs near the top would have to account for both the 36px offset on other platforms and a 0px offset on console.

Is this blockage because of phishing/misleading players or something? People creating look-alike topbars with buttons to steal account information? Because people can already do that using the UIS methods. And people can already phish in a myriad of other ways as well. This can already be used for any ill-intentioned purposes - making it more difficult to use doesn’t stop those people. It only gives us legitimate developers a really hard time using it. I don’t understand what the point is of intentionally making this feature more difficult for us to use.

16 Likes

Pretty please, someone…?

4 Likes

This should now be live.

3 Likes

Thanks!

Fix intentionally introduced bug where mouse events don’t work under disabled topbar next?

4 Likes

Awesome. Can we please have the ability to click on top bar space please?

Please???

4 Likes

*slides you a $20

how about that mouse event problem

22 Likes

This would be amazing for me if it didn’t also disable chat.

4 Likes

This code will accomplish what you’re looking for:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/chat-button-in-topbar/53530/2

2 Likes

Oh. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Weird. I do it like this:

LocalScript in playergui:

game.StarterGui:SetCore("TopbarEnabled", false)

local chat = require(game.Chat:WaitForChild'ClientChatModules'.ChatSettings)
chat.ChatOnWithTopBarOff = true
15 Likes

Yea, but that doesn’t add the button.

1 Like

oh thanks, :eyes: @ his edit section

We really need the buttons to work up there :confused:
@Garnold @ScriptOn @EchoReaper

5 Likes