Hiding Multiple Models

this is probably a very dumb question to ask, but is there a hotkey for hiding all the opened models in the explorer?
for example, i have tons of models inside models, and the inner models have tons of models/parts inside them. is there a hotkey to hide all of them at the same time?

1 Like

Are all the models going to disappear in game, or in studio. I don’t believe there is such a button, however, you can make a script that disappears all the models in game. Below is something you could do if its in game.

local models = game.Workspace.Models -- all your models in a folder

for i,v in pairs(models:GetChildren()) do -- loop through all the objects in the folder
      if v:IsA("Model") then -- checks to see if child is a model
           for i2,v2 in pairs(v:GetChildren()) do -- loop through all the objects in the model
                if v2:IsA("Part") then -- if its a part then
                    v2.Transparency = 1 -- set its transparency to 1.
                end
           end
      end
end

-- or maybe this would work:

for i,v in pairs(models:GetDescendants) do -- loops through every child and descendant in the model folder
     if v:IsA("Part") then
          v.Transparency = 1
     end
end

If you have any questions feel free to message me.

Have a good day!

1 Like

He means to collapse all models in the explorer window.

As for this, @PhoenixPlayzMC, it is not possible, and with a little search you could’ve found this. Ability to collapse all folds in explorer - #12 by buildthomas

1 Like
for _,v in pairs(model:GetDecendants()) do --GetDecendants() looks EVERYWHERE inside an instance
if v:IsA("Model") then -- Change to parts if you want to look for parts
-- This applies to all the models in models
end
end

sorry for the late reply, but thanks so much!

1 Like