Highlight Glitch?

There is a glitch when any (even just one) part in the map has a Highlight instance in it.
When I bring the map from ServerStorage and place it in Workspace, all parts in map shows a Highlight instance in it. Making all parts to have the borders VISUALLY only. I mean, the parts are not getting a real Highlight instance inside them,its just all parts visually has the “Outline/Border” from the Highlight.

This happens when I manually drag the map folder from ServerStorage into Workspace in studio or doing it by script, happens while server testing and even in real roblox server too.

Bringing a folder with parts from ServerStorage in which only one part contains a Highlight instance, all parts in that folder gets affected by the Highlight, while dragging the folder manually in studio, or doing it by script, in studio and real server too.

current workaround, keeping Highlights disabled until whole map is loaded into Worspace.
ideas? or its only me?

Try changing the adornee property of the highlight to your desired part/model.

1 Like

Nope, makes no difference, Im sure the adornee its parented to the part the Highlight belongs, still when bringing the map to workspace all parts gets the border

I’ve had this issue before right after the release of the feature. I guess this could be a bug?

2 Likes

I think so, and only workaround I found is keeping the Highlight disabled until the map is fully loaded.
Plus, its hard to reproduce in real server, I only trust that is true because some images a player sent. But, in studio, always happens when dragging it manually from ServerStorage, I suppose it will be fixed over time

1 Like

Yea the Hightlights are a bit bugged.
I’m having issues with them too sometimes - they really need to fix this

4 Likes

Dude… tell me about it!! I hate it, ROBLOX has been knowing how glitchy the “Highlight” instance is but has yet to do anything about it… Mine flicker, they don’t show when they’re suppose to, then sometimes when enabling just one, all of them go on even though they’re enabled = false

It’s a real pain because this is such a seriously useful feature

Highlight.

• Outline thickness is in pixels, does not scale down with distance
  • Cannot change thickness
  • Randomly turns on in studio with incorrect colors, when its not enabled
  • Inconsistent behavior with glass or transparent instances
  • Adornee is sometimes read as nil (highlight doesn’t show)
  • Adornee is sometimes read as one of it’s ancestors (highlight covers more than it’s supposed to)
  • Studio selection highlight outlines invisible parts, the original cannot
  • Studio selection highlight outlines can be dimmed if overlapped, the original cannot
  • Studio selection highlight can change it’s thickness, the original cannot
  • There is a limit to how many highlights you can have, for whatever reason
  • Highlight is literally showing masks are possible, but roblox doesn’t add masks
  • Cannot detect when transparency optimizations take place for mobile users
  • Cannot force these transparency optimizations for effect.

I like Highlights. They are perfect.

7 Likes

Yeah, been having this issue too. In my game, I added the highlight effect to planes so that it mimics the pilot’s team color, giving better identification.

The issue is, highlights will be applied to random parts of random members of Workspace.

I’ve tried everything, like fixing the Adornee, but it just keeps persisting and is becoming very annoying. It doesn’t really affect gameplay whatsoever, it just makes it looks really weird and is annoying looking. The behavior of highlights is wildly unpredictable it seems.

1 Like

The solution I’ve found has been enabling and disabling the highlighted as needed, e.g. enabling it when a player is in a plane, and disabling it when a player is out of the plane, and re-setting the adornee to the plane model every time a new player joins.

I’ll report back in a few days to see if this has significantly fixed the issue, which I don’t expect to go away entirely, but if I can make it a rare thing that only happens for a few minutes tops before it goes away, that is a huge improvement.

1 Like

UPDDATE:
This was, indeed, the solution. Constantly re-assigning the Adornee to the target when either the highlight or the Adornee itself changes, Adnoree and disabling the highlight when not in use is how to fix this glitch.

1 Like

Yup, thank you, is what I said in old posts. Keeping it disabled until while the part is changing parent, after that enable it.
I did it in that way back in those days of that project I was working on, everything worked nicely.
I will mark yours as solution cause I hate when people mark their own replies as solutions to their own posts, I wanted to mark mine months ago but as I said I dont like to do that :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.