[HIRING DEVELOPERS] Horror Game - Nightmare

Hello Everybody! :wave:

My name is TumbleElf, and I love to create games with a team! I am a fairly skilled builder and I have been wanting to create a Horror Game for a while now! :smiley: I really want a nice team to work with so we can encourage eachother to keep working hard on the new game I have just recently designed; Nightmare!

I made a smallish post about this a while ago: Which type of game would be more popular? - Game Design Support - DevForum | Roblox

before we begin...

join me! Discord

More About Me

I love ROBLOX, and I personally think it is one of the best games out there! I play ROBLOX a tonne, as well as other various other games (mostly FPS games). Here are some quick-facts to get started! :slight_smile:

• My favourite food is pizza :pizza:
  • I watch Flamingo (the youtuber) :flamingo:
  • I joke around a lot :crazy_face:
  • I like games (obviously) :video_game:

My Skills

I don’t want to brag, but I think I’m pretty good at “large map building”. Although sometimes I get very distracted, so I may need some encouragement sometimes! :slight_smile:
You can view this cool broken old house I made right here:

Old House

:smile:

The Team - Gozleme Games

@TumbleElf - Game Manager
@TumbleElf - Map Builder 1
OPEN - Map Builder 2
OPEN - 3D Modeler (Blender etc)
OPEN - Scripter 1
OPEN - Scripter 2
OPEN - GUI Designer
OPEN - Animator 1 (R15)
OPEN - Animator 2 (R15)
OPEN - GFX Artist / Graphic Designer / Artist

Here is the cool group: Gozleme Games - Roblox
Here is the games discord: Discord

About The Job

I am looking for dedicated and friendly people to join the team! :slight_smile: Currently I’m the only member :sob: but I hope I can recruit some people to help! I don’t expect every role to be full, but I will start development of the game when we reach: 1 Scripter, 1 Animator.
NOTE: The game hasn’t started development yet!

About The Game

Nightmare is a horror game similar to Friday The 13th (horror game). 1 player is selected to be the killer in each round, the rest will be selected to be survivors. :hocho: The killer must kill the survivors, and the survivors must complete the gamemodes objective to win. In some gamemodes, a hero will be selected. The hero has abilities that help survivors. :face_with_head_bandage:
This horror game seems fairly generic. But if we pull it off right, we can still make it a hit. For example adding features like jumpscares, "more creepy effects etc, will make it more popular than the other horror games. :slight_smile:

Here is some concept art!:

Some Cool Concept Art

Annnndddd here is the Developer Trailor! (it is to encourage people to develop the game)

Developer Trailor

Dropbox - File Deleted

the video wasn’t my best edit, but I was testing new editing software :slight_smile:

What I am looking for?
I am looking for kind developers that will work hard on the game. We also must encourage eachother because I have an issue with forgeting about things! :slight_smile:
People must be able to complete average level tasks in the field they have selected.
After working hard we can all party up, and play some ROBLOX as a reward! :laughing:

Payment

Now here is what we are all waiting for! :laughing:
I am giving 7% percent income of all Robux made off the game to each team member.
But the cool thing is, each dev member can grab any leftover group funds and give it to themselves or others! (Don’t scoop up to much though!) :smiley:
I thought this would be a cool idea since the people I’m working with do as much work as I do, and should be able to snag some Robux from the group every once and a while like I would!

Contact Us

Hey! You made it to the end! (nearly)
Instead of doing the usual “send me discord request” I wanted to make it more special to get into the team! :smiley: To apply, join the discord and go into the “Help Develop” catagory for further instructions! Here is the discord! :point_right: Discord
Once completing it, if you are accepted, you will be sent a friend request on discord from TumbleElf#5315 - After that we can work on the game together!

Thanks for reading! :smile:
New discord link: Discord

4 Likes

Now I’m not a scripter but I do think that most scripters would not be happy with that type of pay distribution. It would be difficult to find people willing to do this. You also have 9 roles, and if each person gets 7% then where will the last 37% go? Perhaps reconsider your payment distribution. Do you have backup funds in case your game is not successful? However the game idea is not bad, with enough work put in it could be successful.

4 Likes

Thankyou for the feedback, the other 37% goes to group funds! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would use like half of that for advertisement, I’m not applying because I don’t have a portfolio and also forget stuff a lot to, so I don’t think that would work out well, lol.

firstly: its not exactly good practice to use adfly links, makes you seem really suspicious

secondly: that payment, especially for the scripter, is not at all conform with what i ,for example, am used to. you should give it some thought and set a fixed startup payment (of course after some work has been provided/made) and then think about adding percentages according to how much each worker is doing. a gfx artist should not be paid the same amount as a scripter

2 Likes

Hello, I have a question relating the payment. How do I know the game is going to kick off? So far it looks like in the very early stages of the game, and horror games usually don’t make good money. Thanks, and have a good day!

As a scripter, I would not consider anything under 35%, especially for a breakout project.

Could you pay in usd at all?
PAYPAL ONLY

When I use the links they don’t seem to be adfly?
My opinion is that all people do the same amount of work in their field. Yes, a scripter might be able to do GFX the same way artists do, but what They are receiving money because of their level in their field. Even though 1 requires more skill than the other! Yes scripters generally do more work, but who knows, the GFX artist might have also put tonnes of work into theirs. It’s the effort that matters to me.
But still Thankyou for the feedback on the links, I will look into that. :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.