Hitbox Service, easily create Accurate Hitboxes using minimal scripting!

I’m not sure what you mean by raycast hitboxes not registering hits if the part is inside of another part? I’ve never heard of an issue like that happening with raycasting unless you’re incorrectly using the RaycastParams.

I like this, but how could i use this for a combat system

When I made a hammer, I used this module and I simply used :CreateWithPart on the handle.

1 Like

RayCast may be good, But it really adds alot of lines of codes in scripts. Not only that, with Client based Raycast hitbox modules you can’t check nor verify if the damage dealt by the player is what you expect via the server. Meaning there are chances that exploiters can change how much they can damage players. However this can be fixed by making a number value… but it can still be accessed and changed. Region3 however fixes those for me… It reduces the lines of code and allows the server to check if the damage is supposed to deal isnt changed.

I don’t see how this module uses raycasting, I might be wrong

No, there are other modules that use raycasting. This one uses Region3.

Glad that this module had some type of use for you!

Actually it’s overlapparams, region3 is deprecated

They’re pretty much the same thing tbh.

I’m guessing there is no inbuilt way to detect a touched-ended event without using GetItems?

hitbox server from andydev ee infinite win

After a quick skim of your code it seems like your using the spatial query API
Just as a suggestion, you could add an even MORE optimised method, such as distance checking and box checking, these are pretty much the most optimised things you can get for hitboxes (minus Touched) and work just as well if not better!

My terminology might be off, by distance check I mean using magnitude and giving each weapon a “radius” for how far it can hit, if the distance between the player and the enemy is smaller than that value, you have a hit. And by “box checking” I mean constructing a sort of “fake region” somewhere in front of the player, and using basic math to check if an enemies RootParts position lies within it

Looks helpful for people who do not know how to create hitboxes themselves! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This feels like getpartsinparts but as a module but its still neat :+1:

I would really love to see more features added, but I don’t really know what more could be.

The account is currently banned so he can’t really update it(sadly)

In the forum, not Roblox lol

not sure why he trolled lol

yeah, im friends with him. I’ve been thinking of making a v2 version of the module with him. Not entirely sure if it’s worth it tho

same, I was the reason he made .Touched event in his module

Sorry to hear that, I had big expectations for this module, but I can improvise by updating it myself. Keep me update if v2 really comes out though.

1 Like

I am having extreme lag issues with this module. Could I know why?