Ho would I go about making a CLI like Jailbreak?

Hello Developers,

I was recently working on a Admin Panel, and wanted it to have a CLI (Command Line Interface) like jailbreak. If you don’t know what I mean, here’s an image of it:

Image:

My requirements for the gui are:

1. Have an Autofill
  2. Have it take in commands and execute them

That’s pretty much it, Although I should mention, the autofill is complete.

Any Help is Appreciated,
OceanTubez

1 Like

You can view “Solar Admin Command Panel” source code, it’s a similar admin panel system you might like it

Uhh, the point was to make it on your own, for configuration and more control.

1 Like

You told me how to make a similar admin panel to jailbreak, i responded with an entire similar one so you can see the source code and get ideas from it, what’s the problem?

The CLI that Jailbreak uses is known as Cmdr, which is an open-source resource on the DevForum.

Thanks, for replying with that exact same one, never expected it to be used in jailbreak since it’s open-source :man_shrugging:

1 Like

That’s like saying all big games don’t use open sourced modules. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

In my experience, they don’t

or maybe that’s because I play other small games that don’t :man_shrugging:

1 Like

What do you mean they don’t , you’re joking right? :skull:

It’s an opinion, not a fact alright!

We ain’t gotta fight over this, chill.

2 Likes

There’s a lot of open sourced modules than you don’t even know about! Janitor, signal, zoneplus, etc… and they might be hidden in games

You’ll only receive stigma on free models if you’re putting too much of them in your game. If you put one or two in there, that’s fine.

But if your game practically made of free models and is clear you put no effort into it, you’ll get criticism for sure.

Open source code is a huge part of the development community both here on Roblox and in major corporations worldwide. OSS (Open Source Software) ranges from small little things such as being able to color output in computer terminals all the way to robust authentication services, OAuth, automation, pretty much whatever you can imagine. By using OSS, months of work can be shaved off in projects. Plenty of games on Roblox use Cmdr, but not all of them let you see it. Popular admin scripts such as Adonis or HD are all open source, but users tend to use them as loaders as building from the source is much more difficult.
Cmdr, for example, requires you to program your own commands. That’s why you don’t see it as often.

You can read more about the benefits of OSS here or by looking up more articles.