Home screen UX needs to be reverted

I love the new 16:9 game icons but the player count is essential.

It isn’t that bad :sob:. I ngl like it, but at least it is an experiment like they said in #updates .

1 Like

I found the player count removal annoying but this crap feels like some sort of violation against my eyes. They’re breaking every law of UX design ever here.

3 Likes

My only wishes would be friends on top, player count return, and removing that goofy border. Also Todays Picks could be integrated in a better way, this row factor is getting kinda boring.

1 Like

I’m genuinely curious whose idea it was to move the friends list so far down that you need to scroll to even see it.

this crap feels like some sort of violation against my eyes.

I don’t think there’s a better way you could’ve put it.

2 Likes

bumping this

something needs to be done about this

2 Likes

I really hope this is reverted, I’m not sure what’s with this trend of platforms making everything on their homepage massive, and the excuse I see a lot is the claim of “making it more accessible to users with touch screens” like, okay, why is this on desktop then? It’s so frustrating to see games that you want to refer back to because of the very active effort to push games people haven’t played before.

If you don’t want to scroll endlessly to find your favorited games you have to go to your own profile page, which is also kind of hidden. for whatever reason these massive 16:9 thumbnails appear above your recently played section too, why? it was literally fine before, and the fact that they changed the name of recently played to “continue” makes this choice even more baffling and contradictory.

They’re basically saying “Here’s a list of games you may want to continue playing, oh but you’ll probably have to scroll through a bunch of games you probably don’t even want to play to see them though.”

This feels like such an aimless decision because now, instead of the homepage being full of games you want to play again, or saved to play for later, it’s instead a jumbled list of games that doesn’t seem to know what it should be.

I would be more okay with this if it were an update to the discover page (this update seems to serve the purpose of improving game discoverability), but it’s not, it’s an update to the page meant to list games that you already have/want to play.

this is madness.

EDIT: And another thing

I feel like if you guys really want to go through with this (which you shouldn’t) you could’ve at least used some of the space inside the massive thumbnails for information that was previously there, kinda like YouTube does when showing the length of a video, or the amount of videos in a playlist.

Like for example, maybe have a little box in the corners to show if your friends are playing, and the player count. Also why is the like/dislike ratio truncated to simply a percentage. This is just such a strange decision to me, like, bring the little bar back that showed more specific numbers. Having it just be a percentage is actively hiding IMPORTANT INFORMATION.

Even if the percentage of likes is really high, that could just be because there was a small handful of people who played it, and they all liked it. I mean sure, your game may have a 100% like rating, but that’s because there’s only one person who actually voted.

Edit: And another another thing

For this very reason, users that see games with a low percentage of likes to dislikes are discouraged from even clicking on a game in the first place. like, is it really fair for a small game with a couple hundred visits to get screwed out of interest because someone only saw a low percentage of likes? Just something to think about :]

4 Likes

It’s called “mobile-first design”, and it’s utter garbage to be nice. That’s why YouTube is testing this layout (which i hate as much):

Pretty much it’s just optimized for tablet/phone and not PC which is a huge mistake. PC does not need large buttons, unlike mobile (cough cough)

Got fed up with them, here’s a temporary style to hold us all over:

.game-home-page-container div > :nth-child(-n+6) {
  order: 999;
}

.game-home-page-container div > :nth-child(13),
.game-home-page-container div > :nth-child(14) {
  order: 1; /* favorites to the top */
}

.game-home-page-container div:not(.container-header):not(.container-list):not(.people-list):not(.game-card-info):not(.friend-name-container):not(.ng-scope div) {
    display: grid;
}

.game-carousel { /* fix containers being way too large */
    display: flex !important;
}

.container-header h2 a::after {
    content: " Playing"
}

3 Likes

its like the youtube dislike removal all over again

I really like hanging with my friends, but now if I want to have a quick look at my friends’ statuses, I have to scroll way too far. We need friends back at the top. I do like the new position of the sponsorships as a dev- we can get more reach now!

As a dev it’s cool but as the end user it’s incredibly annoying and just makes me use my adblocker more. Roblox is on the top of my list for most blocked sites by far with their e.png tracking stuff, this is only making it worse. They also have more secrets like how all of the homepage tiles have like 50 parameters on the links which is also very cool :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What is that? Never heard of it.

Roblox’s way of spying on you, pretty much sends over what youre hovering over, seeing, clicking, etc. 100% recommend using uBO with all filters enabled on Roblox

1 Like

I don’t know any of this stuff lol.

As long as it stays on their site, I’m not sure it bothers me. Does it go to data brokers?

According to their privacy policy probably not, but it still creeps me out and I’d prefer to not be spied on.

1 Like

Yeah.

Why didn’t anyone tell me about this? I should’ve been blocking that for years. I started blocking the thumbnails of games because they autoplay the loud annoying YouTube videos and the last thing I need is for Google to be tracking everything I do.

1 Like

Literally just installed pi-hole 30 minutes ago and already:

Enjoy the peace of mind (hopefully).

1 Like

Bump quickly, please stop ignoring this, my mobile homepage is still totally ruined because I don’t have support for CSS on apps

this sucks. i liked the old layout much better than this bloated fat messy layout

bumping this again because the home page is an actual mess

1 Like