Homepage friends infinitely loading

On the homepage the friends list never loads, the 3 dots that say it’s loading just infinitely load.
This happens on opera gx and chrome for me, going in a private window and disabling all of my extensions didn’t fix it.

I’ve been having this issue for a few months now.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that! Our team isn’t able to reproduce the issue locally so could you please help us check the following:

1. If you view your own profile, does your friends list show up?
  2. If you access the same friends list sort via the browser, does it have any errors? (i.e. https://friends.roblox.com/v1/users/1310236768/friends?userSort=StatusFrequents)
  3. Are there any errors in the developer console? (On Chrome this is right click → Inspect → “Console” tab on the top of the sidebar)

Thanks!

1 Like
  1. It still does not load on my profile:
  2. The only error is this error in the console:
  3. On the homepage this error pops up:

I would also like to note that it also doesn’t load on https://www.roblox.com/users/friends#!/friends

And these are the errors on that page:

1 Like

I have also started experiencing this issue yesterday. I am unsure of the cause, but disabling all my Chrome extensions like the OP did not resolve the issue.

Roblox Homepage:

Roblox Profile:

The suspected error in the Console (same as the OP’s error):

I have also begun experiencing another issue where you cannot proceed to the next page while viewing Friends, Following, Followers, and Requests. This issue is linked to the OP’s report because it started coinciding and is related to Friends.

Roblox Following:

(I am pressing the “Next” button in this image, but it errors on the 3rd page)

I would like to add that this happened to me a few months ago. After clearing my cookies on the Roblox website, and logging back in, it fixed itself. Hasn’t happened again to me since.

2 Likes

I have just attempted this method, which has resolved the issue. Going to “Site Settings” clearing all cookies and refreshing Roblox did not force me to log in again, which was convenient. Thank you for providing this solution.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone! It looks like this is the same issue as Friends list not loading, which the team is currently working on fixing / preventing for the future.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.