Hours worth of work wiped from Team Create, abnormal?

As you all know by now many teams like instant feedback whilst working with one another, that was the case with a team I had been scripting for. As I made progress and even occasionally invited people to test them I was under the impression that Roblox had a sturdy protection system for any loss of work in Team Creates. Unfortunately, my assumptions were wrong. When I saved several times and exited studio due to me having to sleep, I thought that it was a good enough of a countermeasure to make sure my work didn’t get lost, However, as I’ve stated before, I was wrong. When I came back to view my work and resume development in the morning, all the days worth of scripting had been completely wiped from my Team Create, which isn’t something common as I have used Team Creates auto-save features + me saving to make sure my work doesn’t result in a waste of a time.

Today, I’m very disappointed that hours of my day were wasted in development that only resulted in it not saving and me going back to square one. Is there anything that any of you know about this that could help me get my saves back? I have attempted to revert the version (nothing was there for gaps of hours). I have also attempted to check if there was any autosaved version of the game, and unfortunately, there was nothing that I could download and edit. The last autosave that I saw was from a day ago, which is clearly an outdated version of the game. So if anyone in the community has experienced this, please help me I need it right now, I have no idea how to tell myself that hours of my day were snapped out of existence.

EDIT:
I think in the future I will be using @Kampfkarren 's way of working on Visual Code, as Visual Code is made for programming and saves work frequently without many complications. However, I would still like to know the problem with why this is happening to me, it’s very abnormal but has taxed hours worth of work that I cannot get back.

1 Like

Not sure if this is what’s responsible, but have you made sure to commit all changes from the Drafts pane if Collaborative Editing is enabled?

I do not have collaborative editing enabled in the game. I don’t see many use cases for it as I am the only scripter and solely responsible for any scripting activity (so no need for other people editing with me).

You could always check autosave? It should autosave every 5 minutes by default unless disabled

As stated in the post, I have checked auto saves and have found no saves that are remotely up to date with what I have done.

EDIT:
Yea I was also under the impression that Roblox auto saved Team Creates every 5 minutes as stated in their Developer Hub Article.

I’ve also had this problem before, a multitude of times. Recently though, my issue was resolved as the problem was the destination of the autosave feature changed, and was placed inside a different document. Now, this could’ve just been a result of me changing it and forgetting, doing it on accident, or a glitch, but it’s a good idea (if you haven’t already) to triple check the file saving destination for your autosaves, and make sure it isn’t re-routed.

1 Like

Thank you for the response, but this is not the case with me. I have checked the directory of auto saves and it seems it should be saving to the same folder which it had been saving to since I have downloaded Studio.

1 Like

I don’t know if this is considered a problem on Roblox’s end or mine but I was sure to turn off Collaborative Editing before I started scripting. So I hadn’t considered this had anything to do with it (as it’s turned off). But this wasn’t the case, the issue was that all my scripts were saved in drafts and hadn’t been updated and I couldn’t see them because i hadn’t enabled Collaborative Editing. After a talk with @Wasteds he quickly thought about enabling and checking collaborative editing, which I did and there were all my lost scripts under “Drafts”. I think personally in the future that Roblox shouldn’t force people to use Collaborative Editing as it’s only really needed when working with a team of scripters, which wasn’t the case for me. I even toggled it off but came to the conclusion that it was operating even with me toggling it off.

This happened to me many times, but I swear down I remember saving it before I left Studio. I don’t know what happened.

I always make sure scripts and saved before leaving and I save a copy of the game but you can also revert to before it was wiped.

Well sometimes when Roblox studio is updated, it just force enables collaborative editing on all my games like it happened this week too, even tho in settings it says it’s off. Someone might wanna look into this.

This should be in studio bugs in the forums

I just lost hours of work because of this, I got prompted to commit the changes before publishing, I had team create on from months ago ( didn’t work on the game since ), and so I thought "oh, let me just disable team create then, so I don’t get asked this every time ). And POOF, all my scripts now say “Hello world” and I can’t reverse it even with version history, and the last auto-save was almost 2 hours ago.