How Bad Is Touched Event? And Why?

I have seen tons of posts talking about how the touched event is not firing properly or even not firing at all and also seen people talking about how it can be exploited using something called network ownership which I still don’t fully understand but have some idea about it,

So I have been testing it for the past couple of days and it seems to work perfectly fine and the hit fires on time even tho I’m doing a lot of calculations on the server so:

why do people prefer raycasting over touched event?
and what are the disadvantages of it since I didn’t find any issues with it yet?
and how can network ownership effect collisions or even be exploited while it is handled on the server?

I’m mainly asking these questions for a game I’m working on and it requires a dedicated collision system.

search before asking Why is raycasting or magnitude considered better than touched?

seems like you didn’t event read the question, i did read all posts talking about this topic and all of them are just people who have a no idea of how collision work me included obviously, even in the post you linked you can easily see that it doesn’t have an answer

2 Likes

Please do a proper research before posting, there a topic with an answer to touched events

3 Likes

Didn’t see that post, really appreciate it

I spent like three hours searching about this topic, that’s when I just gave up and made the post since the answers I found wasn’t anything from what I’m looking for but it seems it wasn’t enough,

1 Like

no, it’d be the first thing to pop up. just admit it.

2 Likes