How can I achieve the lighting look in this picture?

Hi, could anyone give a general direction of how I can achieve the lighting in the picture below? I am pretty new to building, so I really don’t have any clue on how to achieve this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Have a great day!

This is the picture of the lighting I would like to achieve

download-2

Try putting the image on Gyazo or streamable… The image is just a bunch of text.

1 Like

I just uploaded from my desktop. I think it should be fixed now :slight_smile:

The picture is only 300x168, so it’s hard to be sure. If that’s a picture from a game thumbnail it’s probably a render. It could also be future lighting with some tweaks. The lighting looks pretty normal, you might have to explain what specifically you want.

Basically, it was from a video when ever I try and use future lighting the texture shadow is also displayed, any way to disable that?

so it is not rendered, if you would like here is the video url

Use future lighting, a bit of diffuse, and maybe some spectacular. I would recommend playing around with the Lighting settings. There is also some motion blur, which requires programming.

Just a note, the video isn’t from Roblox Studio, so recreating the light perfectly is almost impossible.

I’m a bot of a noob when it comes to this stuff. Could you please explain what those are?

Press on the link, the API is better at explaining then I am. I would recommend going onto studio to see for yourself what they look like.

Alright thank you for your help, have a great day! :slight_smile:

1 Like

For achieving realistic lighting I would suggest this topic: How to make your lighting more realistic in shadowmap
Future (FiB3) lighting may help to.

This article can be helpful for creating an atmosphere: Atmospheric Effects | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

I would suggest reading through most tutorials on developer.roblox.com, as they’re very useful.

thanks for the suggestions. Have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Set the lighting technology to Future, and have the shadow softness set to 0.2. Add a bloom effect to the lighting tab, turn up the threshold, and lower the intensity. Increase the Ambient in the Lighting tab. Maybe play with the Environmental Diffuse/Specular Scales with a light gray skybox.

1 Like

I recreated the lighting and got similar results from what I’ve seen, so try this and tell me if it works.

1 Like

Thank you @KKNYGHTT and @A_SquaredAnimations for your solutions. Both of them work great. Have a happy new year!

Thank you @KKNYGHTT and @A_SquaredAnimations for both of your solutions. Both of them work great. Have a happy new year!