How can I Achive "Wild West" Type Grass?

So I am looking to make Wild West type grass that moves when it is touched
I tried using welds but it did not seem to work, If someone knows how to achieve this I would be very grateful.
Here is an example of what I want to achieve: https://www.reddit.com/r/roblox/comments/dwze0a/my_swamp_with_the_new_roblox_grass_ours/
Here is what my grass looks like:
Grass.PNG

5 Likes

Inside Terrain there’s a decoration bool value turn that to true.

1 Like

For that though you must have used the terrain editor and added grass terrain.

No, my goal is not to use the grass from Roblox. But to create my own for other terrain textures that don’t use it and also so I can add physics to the grass I make. Could you show me how to make it so the grass moves when it is touched with some sort of weld or script?

2 Likes

You could give Wind Shake by boatbomber a go for a start!

4 Likes

I mean it looks good but the script is confusing and I am a modler not a scripter I think it could be a good alternative though.

Do you know how to simplfy the script for a wide variety of grass?

It uses beams, not meshes. And yes it probably uses a mechanic similar to Wind Shake to make it move.

Oh okay, Ima looks into these beams. I am just wondering if you know how to simplify the wind shake script for lots of models?

Not sure, I’m not that much of a scripter. Just copy the part of the wind shake that moves the parts and apply it to the top part of the beam.

kk, I will try to figure out the script.

1 Like