How can I become a better modeler? Does my modeling at a beginner's stage look decent?

Does anybody have any idea where I can find some Roblox blender tutorials. I am a beginner blender modeler and I’d have to say I am not that bad for a starter. If you would like the see my first blender showcase. Click here -----> Fetching Forest 🌲 [SHOWCASE] - Roblox
I am sorry if you do not like the showcase. If you don’t mind critiquing my models that would be great.

5 Likes

Your modelling style is honestly really nice as is! I feel like the rocks could be somewhat less jagged and flat though.

I’m not exactly a modeller by any means, but I do draw; and if I’ve learned anything from that it’s that you just need to practice to improve.

1 Like

Recommend making a wider variety of trees and rocks, you can achieve this simply by adjusting and moving the polygons just so big rock doesn’t look exactly like small rock

Take advantage of the meshes more, I see your just resizing both the X and Y axis when it could look way better if you just resized how tall a tree is rather then having the exact same ratio for the width

Play around with the colors more, slight variations of light and dark greens come a long way

2 Likes

Thanks for your advice! I’ll take than into consideration.

1 Like

I have been practicing a good bit. There is just a couple things that I don’t know that are important. Thanks though!

1 Like

if you a beginner’s model, i think it look like some thing glitchy but if you know the modeling it will get more decent then you ever made before

1 Like

Definitely take a look on YouTube, really useful tutorials on there. Currently though your work looks great. Just focus on how to utilise the tools offered in blender to hopefully improve your work even further.

2 Likes

About you not finding Roblox blender tutorials.

There are lots of blender tutorials, but almost no roblox blender tutorial, i know that. But you can use blender tutorials to make things and just export it to roblox in parts/make a texture for it.

1 Like

Thanks glad I could help

You should try out this lighting: Free Low-Poly Lighting

I haven’t used it myself yet, but I can tell it would go really well with your low-poly build. I’d personally tone down the brightness or brightness of the ambient since it is quite bright

Also kinda off topic, whats the audio your using at the place? I’d love if you could send the ID, it would be great to use it for a vibe/chill game I’m making :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for showing! Im gonna check this out.

1 Like

I am using songs by Kudasai. I just searched Kudasai in Roblox’s audio library and picked some songs I liked.

1 Like

Thank you for considering my lighting

1 Like

No problem guys, always keep a watch on the #resources:community-resources

A lot of neat stuff is posted there, most of it isn’t build related but their always will be the occasional gem out of the rocks

And thanks for the artists name @ZVTU, this will help a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like