How Can I Create Something Like The RoStrap Plugin?

So, I installed the RoStrap Plugin and saw their loading screen. My mind was blown :exploding_head:

I was wondering how I could do something similar to this.

NOTE: I’m new to plugins.

1 Like

Looks like an animation of some sort. You can certainly make this because they made it, and so it has been shown to be possible!

Try looking into sprite sheets:

A sprite sheet is basically all frames of a full animation in one image and you offset and change the size of the visible section of the image to play the sprite’s frames.

1 Like

If you wanna make an interface based on something similar to that you can use TweenService.

TweenService is very useful in making values go from point A to point B smoothly.

As I’ve said around several posts here, you can use the function I made recently to learn how to use TweenService and achieve something similar.

function Tween(obj, totalTime, easingstyle, easingdirection, goal)
    local tweenInfo = TweenInfo.new(
        totalTime, -- amount of time it'll take
        Enum.EasingStyle[easingstyle], -- easing style
        Enum.EasingDirection[easingdirection] -- easing direction
    )
    local tween = tweenService:Create(obj, tweenInfo, goal):Play() -- :Play() triggers the tween
end

You can simply use this by doing the following

Tween(object, time, style, direction, {goal})

This is probably the easiest method to do moving interfaces etc. Try it out and let me know what you manage to do!

I made this using tweening so you should be able to do what you want to do.

2 Likes

Ah yes. I know how to use SpriteSheets. The only thing is, I only found a tutorial that uses Texture Objects.

How could I make it resize from both sides tho? Should I use 2 frames?

You can apply the knowledge to ImageLabels.

To resize from the middle you can just change the Instance’s AnchorPoint to [0.5, 0.5]

edit: It’ll basically make the origin point to the middle, and everything you tween based on position and size would be based on that origin point, meaning if you size it bigger, it’ll open up to the middle, etc.

1 Like