How can I get building ideas?

I really want to build, but I’ve just had no ideas for what to do recently. I want to know how I can get ideas so I can keep getting better at building. You could also give me something to build if you want :wink:. Thanks.

8 Likes

Try to see what style you prefer (futuristic, etc). Then maybe try to search for real life buildings.
Multiple cities or countries have different buildings styles. Try to reproduce one of them in Roblox!
If you really want to build, you can also take commissions so you can build and get paid.

1 Like

Build a rustic beach cottage with attached hangar/dock for float planes.

1 Like

I usually go outside or scower the internet for inspiration. Or i just come up with an idea. This usually happens when im relaxed and outside.
So tip: go outside, see what you find interesting in your areas, try to replicate it or use a same style.

1 Like

Try to search on youtube “Speedbuilds”, i personally recommend a channel called Cafune7, my favourite building from he is

Why Speedbuilds?
Speedbuilds are good to learn new material combinations, get more ideas, and tricks, you can always adjust the speed of the video, i hope this helped you :wink:

not sponsored btw :stuck_out_tongue: .

3 Likes

I’m actually subscribed to cafune7 lol. Thanks for the suggestion!

You have made a already made topic about this question, did any of the previous information and discussed threads help you with gathering a bunch of building ideas that you could use to improve your building skills.

Consider searching things that your interested in building when lacking ideas you would want to normally visit sites such as pinterest - google - dribble polycount ect. Use an reference image to help you gather ideas whether it’s a ‘castle weapons cars/assets’ something you enjoy creating brainstorm ideas and place them on a piece of paper.

After all there are countless of threads related to this specific question:

2 Likes

I know, I probably wouldn’t have made this topic but I couldn’t that post somehow, and didn’t find many threads when I was looking. Thanks for your suggestions.

1 Like

You can start using random theme/idea generators by looking on Google, there you can find a ton of ideas by using the websites that appear.

I suggest you start with a theme, think of sci-fi, western, etc. Maybe search up images of a place of that theme to give you an idea. That’s basically what I do.

1 Like

One thing I do is look up buildings and other places in google maps(Can use any maps), and I try to replicate that into roblox. You can also do the same for movies by watching various scenes with the build in it!!!

1 Like

You can get inspiration from real life, or take something from a movie. You could even do a game. Find a theme that you like to do.

1 Like

I suggest changing the category to #development-discussion, since this looks like something that is up for discussion. :uhh:

That, aside. I think you can build random objects that are around your house or area. If you’ve already tried that try searching for stuff that interests you, or that you think is challenging to create. If you have none, use a Random Generator, and combine two objects together for a challenge. :happy1:

1 Like

build a maze
build a town
build an owl
build your house

1 Like