How can I get the shirt graphic from a shirt id?

For getting decals from images, you do something like this

"rbxthumb://type=Asset&id="..imgid.."&w=420&h=420"

How can I use a link like that to get the shirt graphic from a shirt id? or is there any API

Do you mean the asset image ID of the shirt? like, the product icon?

Or the ShirtTemplate ID, which Shirt Instance uses as a texture?

1 Like

By the

“&w=420&h=420”

I think they mean the ShirtTemplate.

1 Like

Shirt template / shirt graphic, both the same in my eyes

Why?
It seems you are just trying to steal someone’s work.

How is it stealing, I want to add a panel where if a player enters a shirt then a specific teams wears that shirt. its for a football game where you can choose custom teams

And the only way of getting the shirt to give to a player, is by its template

Ah, k, my bad. Just your wording seems like you were trying to copy it from the site.

Because it’s your asset can’t you preload it into your ServerStorage onto a Humanoid? Then you should be able to clone the shirt from that and make it a variable?
For example:
if the player’s team is x, then use the id of the shirt from ServerStorage (even if you have to store it on a humanoid then clone it from there).
Then make the player’s shirt ID the shirtvariable

1 Like

As scottifly said above me, your best option would be to preload whatever shirt gets put in (how to do that would be entirely up to you) and then after it’s fully loaded you grab the new ID that the shirt has instead (which is now the graphic you’re looking for) and use that for everyone

I don’t really think anyone understands me… I own a football game, and Its a option to add CUSTOM kits / teams with id, not already added kits for the next round. and since theres a way to convert images into decals then i wanna convert shirt ids into template ids so the team next round gets that custom kit

I don’t think we have access to any templates when it comes to other people’s shirts, especially through a shirt’s ID or Lua, unless it is your own shirt.

Ah, that’s the information we needed. Are these assets that are created by other players so they can customize their shirts?
If they aren’t made free assets by the creator then there may be an issue.

Funny though that this Announcement just came out:
Introducing in-experience Mesh & Image APIs [Studio Beta]

1. Create humanoid with shirt instance on the server side
  2. When a shirt ID is provided, preload the shirt ID onto the server sided humanoids shirt instance
  3. When the preload is finished, it should have changed the shirt ID on the shirt instance to be the shirt graphic ID
  4. Apply the new shirt graphic ID to the teams
  5. ???
  6. Profit (although it’s roblox so this step can be ignored by default)