How can I improve my building skills?

For me, color and material and size are the most important thing to have a construction. If you know that, it can help you calm down all kinds of things and make everything you want to combine perfect. try it

1 Like

Dude i love that picture lol Awesome picture to use.

Thanks for the suggestions and tips. I will use them.

Sorry if I am not that helpful, as the main way to get better is just practice.

I recommend you watch tutorials, and watch people building. I recommend you also take your time while building, and add as much detail as possible. Getting a reference picture of a real life machine, for example, can really help you find out what details you should add. Small details can make a huge difference in a build. I also suggest that you find some textures to use other than the basic textures provided by Roblox.

Good luck!

2 Likes

You have to know “What to Practice”. when i first start building. i was just like you. But when time goes by, i noticed that no matter what i build, i only know how to build the blocky buildings…
so how do you solve that problem? I think the best Way is to Draw it out. Draw what you want to build. That way you can have a clear idea of what you would build.

Hope this helps :grinning:

Thanks for your suggestion! :grinning:

1 Like

Practice is the best option. I started without anything, I had no idea how to control Roblox Studio, but after a week I knew how to use every tool. But, to actually develop your building skills into something that turns out amazing takes dedication and hard-work.

1. Always install the basic plugins first, these help me everyday with impossible shapes.
    I never use Roblox move, rotate, or scaling tools as it takes way too long to switch between tools and changing the portion of each tool sizing. Btools is the best option for me personally, it is very easy to understand and you can build things at a faster rate. I also use other plugins like filling parts and mirrioring models plugins.

2. I honestly don’t suggest using any instant grass, trees, and rock plugins, firstly, they are basically not your work at all and if you want to improve your building skills, you don’t want to go around using others work for the entire game instead of actually sitting down and doing it yourself. The same applies for any free models in the Roblox tool box.

I suggest to just get some inspiration from the internet and just… Build.

I also recommend getting inspiration from different genre/s or theme/s. Like, one time build a barn, and another time, build a rocket. It could literally be anything.

But the key really is to just: Practice

After some practice, you’ll become better than you’ve ever dreamt of!

So go out there and start practicing! :+1:

Maybe start thinking about something very simple and easy to build, then the more you do it (or more likely practice) the better you will be at building!

go for a less blocky style and try to use blender because meshes reduce lag when you compare them to a bunch of parts, it’s not that hard to use and will help you get smoother effects when you need them, or you’ll get much better and easier made low poly meshes, but if you don’t want to use blender, repetition and lots of practice will get you further than your current state, good luck! :grinning:

Elements of improving building skills:
Be patient
Try new things
Find plugins (There are a lot of plugins out there that can be really helpful)
Constructive Criticism (Make sure to show people your work all the time to get feedback from them)
Know what you’re going to build
Build something that you enjoy making

There are many ways to improve on your skills, such as; Practicing when you have time, use plugins like F3X, that’s what I use the most. But also put your heart to it, use what you feel looks right to make something beautiful. Man people just make things for the fun of it, but put your hard earned time and effort into it, use your heart to make it beautiful, use your imagination and feelings to create something beautiful. :smile:

1 Like

Add more detail. Look at pictures of what you are trying to build to inspire you. Believe in yourself.

I think creativity play a big role. If you are creative enough you can pull out with some great builds. And use images as reference because no one is born perfect, you can slowly but surely improve your building skills threw references. And lets just say you are building a lobby, try to imagine this lobby and draw it on a peace of paper that way you can plan where you want to put the spawn, the shop etc…