How can I improve this games like/dislike ratio?

Two friends and I are working have been working on this game for a long time now, but no matter what we do, it constantly maintains a steady 70% like/dislike ratio. How can we improve this? Is there anything we can implement into the game to possibly bring it up? If you have time, please go play the game and give detailed feedback, thanks.

Here’s the game: (29) :christmas_tree: [CHRISTMAS!] :roller_coaster:Pier Park Theme Park - Roblox

3 Likes

Some notes about your game:

• Something I noticed was people joining and then leaving after a few seconds. Perhaps the long loading time is putting people off?
  • It also isn’t clear where to go or what to do, especially with low graphics.
  • The dialog close-ups are too close and the font is too small
  • Music is repetitive. It’s good that you can mute the music, but playing without music isn’t exactly a win either because it subtracts from the theme.
  • The way the rides are operated is confusing. I was expecting them to be automatic.

What can you do to improve the like/dislike ratio?

• Ideally a person should be able to join your game and start having fun as quickly as possible. As it stands, there are many aspects getting in the way of that. Players will not be patient. They will not make a serious effort to learn how your game works. They will not be sympathetic of its flaws. They will either get their enjoyment, or if your game cannot give it to them in a timely fashion, they will leave and dislike.
  • Seek out ways to make the game run smoother. Focus on improving the content that already exists instead of making more content.
1 Like

The buildings and all are very nice and detailed, however here are a few things I found that I disliked about the game. Remember that I like to pay attention to literally everything so most people might not even notice a few of these issues lmao

• The game load time is very long on slow devices.

I am not sure how you could fix this, but on some slower devices it takes a while to load. Maybe add something to let the player know that the game is loading?

• It is VERY hard to see the text on my display atleast (1920x1080), and it does not fit well with the rest of the theme.

Does not match well with the rest of the UI, and the text is too small

Easy to read and fits the theme.

• The person you are talking to is usually too close to the screen.

• (Most people will not notice this) Some animations feel too rough.

Some of the animations in this game have rough movements. I am talking about the camera’s FOV when running, and whenever its zooming into a character for the dialog.

(For some reason on the videos, it looks very smooth. Just try it out in game and you might see what I mean)

https://streamable.com/e5ywut

https://streamable.com/c4p9ji

70% is better than -124%

yuppp. Wayyyyyy too close for comfort

2 Likes