How can I keep track of player data better to ensure people don't lose their data?

1. What do you want to achieve?
    Hello everyone, I am working on a game with a group of people and am making the datastore script right now. When it comes to saving player data I usually I reuse my datastore script that I have as it hasn’t failed me, but it is no where near flawless. I don’t know enough about datastores to use datastore2, and I want to make sure I am able to keep track of a player’s data in the case it doesn’t save. So, this goes into my issue I have encountered.

2. What is the issue?
    How can I ensure the player’s data isn’t lost and make sure I have a record of the data on hand when it doesn’t save properly? I would like to learn to make better datastores if there are good sources that I can look at.

3. What solutions have you tried so far?
    I have tried to learn to use datastore2, but once again I don’t have enough knowledge about datastores to know if I am using it correctly. I have thought about using Discord Webhook’s but that goes down the drain after 5 seconds when I remember it’s against Discord ToS.
    I have also looked for posts here on the Dev Forum to see if they have what I need but I couldn’t find anything when searching.

I would honestly be more than happy to learn more about datastores to create the best experience for players in the game I am working on. If there are any applications I can use to send some sort of warning to containing a player’s last recorded set of data to help recover their data I wouldn’t mind using them, especially if it’s using HTTP service to send the data to an external application.
I just want to ensure the safety of the data of players so they have a good experience when playing my game.

Here:

And if you are more of a video learning type of person:

datastore2 is confusing id rather make my own datastore

No problem man, do whatever u feel comfortable with. I myself don’t use datastore2 I prefer the first one, but for extra security people recommend datastore2, I have had no problems with datastore in the past when saving values.

This is the same boat that I am in unfortunately. I have already watched AlvinBlox’s video and looked at kampkarren’s post about datastore2. Beyond the demonstrations it can be confusing and I want to make my own datastore that isn’t prone to losing data, and it also makes a nice learning experience.

I really appreciate the links, but I have viewed this material already. Like I said in my reply to @oofblocks, part of me making this post is to learn more about datastores so I can make my own secure data saving methods, or even understand datastore2 better so I can use it to it’s fullest potential. datastore2 can be confusing to learn and I want to improve my understanding of datastores over all.