(topic deleted by author)

(topic deleted by author)

1 Like

It’s recommended to make your parts move in a local script if it isn’t physics-based. (Like randomness to it). The reason for this is that it lowers pressure on your server and honestly it’s just a waste of usage. But this is only recommended only for linear-based movement.

You can watch this video here for more info regarding that:

Why RunService? How does your system exactly work? Please point it out if already said.

you should be disconnecting the Tween.Completed connection to prevent memory leaks.
One other thing is you don’t have to create a new tween info for every tween.

2 Likes

Well you see, I knew nothing about RunService until recently. It was recommended to me in another post to use RunService for movement. If there are more effecient ways to move them, please let me know.

if v.Name == "Tentacle" then
		task.wait()

This should help.

RunService is indeed a good thing to use, no need to change that.

Okay. Good to know. Which script class would be best for performance? A ServerScript or a LocalScript? (When using RunService I mean.)

To have a better overall performance, do not use the server and I don’t think the script type would matter as long as you aren’t doing something that needs a lot of performance “usage” if you are though, it’s better to use LocalScripts.

Okay. How exactly would I be using the server? By ServerScripts? Putting it in the workspace? Or ServerStorage? (Sorry, I’m still a bit dumb to certain things.)

I don’t really understand what you mean by global scripts, I think you mean the normal scripts (ServerScripts).

By using the server I mean running the tasks on the server and that means using ServerScripts.

Yes. ServerScripts. Now I have to go back and edit my every reply with “GlobalScript” in it. :smiling_face_with_tear:

No need to edit them, it’s pretty understandable but some can think it’s Modules so ya.

Also, which would be better for storing parts? ServerStorage or ReplicatedStorage? Or something else even.

Also if there are any other tips for maintaining good FPS, please tell me them.

It depends on what will use them.

have you figured it out? still interested

I honestly forgot all about this topic. But I believe I have for the most part. 31 methods for moving your parts efficiently. (Do's and Dont's list)