How can I make a custom night sky?

In Super Nostalgic Zone, a game made by CloneTrooper1019, he made an option to set the old skybox, so, instead of the default night sky, there was another sky, I don’t know how he made that, since you can change the night sky, so, how can I achieve that? Thanks for reading :crazy_face:

4 Likes

In studio go to lighting, insert object “sky” After you’ve added a new skybox you can change all six sides + sun and moon, to a custom texture.

1 Like

I know that, the problem is that I don’t know how can I set a night skybox, since you can’t change it, but a game achieved that

1 Like

In the “sky” properties you can upload pngs of the night sky you’d like to use.
I’d suggest uploading and making your own but you can use simple decal/image Ids.image

1 Like

No, I’m saying that in the game there is a day and night cycle, like the Roblox one, and there is a night skybox, I mean, remove the default night sky and put yours
Cc:
@Maximum_ADHD

4 Likes

No, the current game that I saw, is not changing the skybox instantly, the game skybox is changing with ease

1 Like

I am assuming you are aiming to have a skybox change from day to night, but gradually instead of a sudden shift?

If so I would assume the user you mentioned, most likely had several variations of said skybox made so that it would flip through them like flip-book art, causing it to seem like a slow gradual change.

Scratch that, I see what you are referring to now, Since Idk what clone did originally I am just guessing that he has the day skybox be the general skybox and when night rolls around its likely a oversized sphere over the map that is spinning with the stars inside it going from being transparent to visible over the course of day > night > day.