How Can I Make a GUI For Game Bans Via MySQL?

Hello! I followed this tutorial for making a ban script using MySQL. The only thing is that they didn’t tell us how to make a script for publishing rows to the MySQL database. Any help?

You Can Find The Post Here

Note: I Have No Idea How To Use MySQL 0_0

3 Likes

Making a database with MySQL is a very complicated process if you do not know anything about databases. There are likely other simpler services you can use like Trello API or other user-friendly services with API. The instructions they list are more for advanced users who wish to create their own private database to store this information, and they must know how to use MySQL and Node.js in order to do it properly. My advice is to use those other friendlier options or try to learn about it from various different tutorials on “how to set up my own online database”. Most people just use Trello API though, as it is also very easy to manage and check on the Trello site itself.

4 Likes
  1. You might just want to use DataStores instead, honestly.
  2. You can make an endpoint that runs an INSERT query if you use the code from that post. Something like INSERT INTO users (?, ?) and then bind the username and reason to the parameters. You just have to make sure you secure it somehow.

Assuming that they want to keep this banlist concurrent throughout multiple games, DataStores would currently not be appropriate. Also, I would recommend using packages, private modules, or linked source scripts so that you can just copy and paste something into all games and it auto updates when you make changes and it can manage the same thing in all games.

3 Likes