How can I make a ViewPort with a rotating image?

This topic was flagged by a community member.

Well if you got the block in the viewport all you have to do is put a local script inside the viewport to make the block spin using a tween.

How would it work if I had something more complex, like a tool?

Take the handle off the tool and make the handle rotate using the localscript with tweening.

My tool does not have a handle.

I appreciate you helping me. If it is not possible to put a 3D Viewport, I’ll just put a 2D one.

Yea I can’t think of a way to spin all those unions maybe someone else knows. If you really want the cool gui though then make the gun a mesh and somehow try adding the texture affect to the mesh but that seems hard.

Yes. I tested the 2D viewport, and the animation, not rotation, works with it. That is the best I can do.

You can weld all of the parts/unions together with Moon animators easy weld, Or any weld plugin, Then CFrame and/or tween the model to rotate by rotating the basepart all the unions/parts are welded to.

Some things you could use;
I just pulled stuff off the web you could watch/read

1 Like

It’s getting late where I live, so I’ll try making the rotating Viewports tomorrow. I already made the 2D ones, though. You can try them here, if you want:

https://www.roblox.com/games/2968088370/M4A1-Animation-Test?refPageId=c73b61a2-5c7e-4fea-bbd5-a13894cd092e