How can I make it so when a member of staff joins, it automatically puts their uniform on?

Hi, I’ve been working on a cafe game for around 2 years now, recently we decided we want to improve our current version. How would I go about automatically applying uniforms onto members of staff.

1 Like

I would use the PlayerAdded event and run a function that checks if they are in the group and if so then give their character model the shirt and pants.

game:GetService("Players").PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
	local character = nil
	if player:GetRankInGroup("GROUP ID") >= "RANK NUMBER" then
		if player.Character then
			character = player.Character
		else
			player.CharacterAdded:Wait()
		end
		character:WaitForChild("Shirt").ShirtTemplate = "ASSET_LINK"
		character:WaitForChild("Pants").PantsTemplate = "ASSET_LINK"
	end
end)
1 Like

What type of script does this have to be? Is this just a normal script, local or module?

Server Script will work for this. Press the little check mark on my OP so that others now a solution was found.

I edited your script slightly to the following

game:GetService("Players").PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
local character = nil
if player:GetRankInGroup("3737286") >= 5 then
    if player.Character then
    else
        player.CharacterAdded:Wait()
    end
    character:WaitForChild("Shirt").ShirtTemplate = "https://www.roblox.com/catalog/2975693828/Uniform-Shirt-V2"
    character:WaitForChild("Pants").PantsTemplate = "https://www.roblox.com/catalog/2975698905/Uniform-Pants"
end
end)

However, when I load it into studio/normal game I get the following errors:

Have you tried using the 2d image file? I’m not quite sure what asset link roblox requires for the shirts and pants.

Pretty much the same solution, just use shirt / pants objects instead.

Turns out it uses the following asset link
rbxassetid://

2 Likes

This code does only work for me and not for my friends when they test it is that possible to fix?

I would make a new post on #help-and-feedback:scripting-support with your code and any errors.