How can i tween an entire model?

Hello, I would like to know how to tween a model?

Some examples could help alot.

Thanks.

2 Likes

But then is it possible to tween the model with tween service?

Weld all the parts to a base part, then tween the base part and the welded parts will tween with the basepart relevant to their cframe.

set the model PrimaryPart to some main part of the model and then it should work! you can now tween the model!

I already have set the primary part for the model, and i have welded all of the parts to the basepart, i’m probably not sure if it’s the code…

can you send the code please so I can understand. Or see if there is anything wrong?

Sure thing. Here it is

local tweenservice = game:GetService(“TweenService”)

wait(2)

local primary = script.Parent
print(“moving”)
local tweeninfo = TweenInfo.new(5, Enum.EasingStyle.Linear,Enum.EasingDirection.In)
local pos = {Position = Vector3.new(5,5,5)} – this is just only example

local tween1 = tweenservice:Create(primary, tweeninfo, pos)
tween1:Play()

can you please send me a picture of the model?

pic1
pic2
picture3

Here it is

the other script is just something else not related with tweening

try to tween the “PrimaryPart” part in the model

That’s what the script inside primarypart does, it tweens the parent

but what i’m trying to achieve is that it tweens the entire thing not just the primary part

hmmm try to union the whole model and then just tween that union!

The problem is, the parts i have showed are mesh parts and some aren’t mesh parts, roblox doesn’t allow to union mesh parts so i’m afraid that’s impossible

How to tween a model | Roblox Studio Tutorial - YouTube this shoud help (:

1 Like

Are the parts which are welded to the basepart anchored? If they are then they won’t follow the part being tweened, so they have to be unanchored

The parts that are welded to the basepart are unanchored, the basepart is anchored

The following script works in the video the entire model moves. But then how can i tween the position and rotation instead of it just going one way only?

When you select the Model Lobster, did you assign the PrimaryPart as the Model.PrimaryPart?
There is a Property in the model named PrimaryPart, if it’s blank you didn’t set it. Just click that box and select the part you want as the PrimaryPart.

I already have made the lobsters primary part to “PrimaryPart”

1 Like