How can one animate a scene that could require some high level animating?

By scene I mean just a little animation skit

Go use moon animator, look up tutorials.

Look up Moon Animation Studio. It’s a very useful plugin for animating & camera manipulating in animations as you can set the camera’s direction and it’ll play along with your animations.

Take a look at this handy tutorial here:

For these, you need to rig the weapon along with the character. In this case, you’d want to use Motor6D to be able to animate the weapon, magazines, et cetera.

You can try taking a look at this: (video is kind of outdated)

1 Like

Thank you, but I am about to go to bed in a couple minutes and will take a look at those videos later. I already have motor 6d and know how to make the wields. :+1:

Note for others, you can still tell me some animation tips and tricks (and maybe even how to use animation events :wink:)

I don’t really understand what you mean by “animation events”, unless you’re referring to EasingStyle and EasingDirection, which they’re not exactly an event…

Could you elaborate more on what you think an “animation event” is?

Thank you for answering his question, im too lazy to say that much information lol. (maybe not)

On the right side of this page here Animation Editor | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub scroll down until the find the tab “Animation Events”

The page does not give me that much information about the events, which is why I asked here

Ah, I see.

This thread should explain everything to you:

Ah, thank you very much. I will mark your most recent reply as the solution, because I have everything that I need now. :smiley:

1 Like

@astra_wr Ok, I have Moon Animator, and it is pretty good. I did not watch the tutorial because I can figure everything out myself ._. but Moon Animator comes with a wield function, do I use that, or do I use the Create Wields button from Motor 6D

And then, how would I rotate the wielded part in the character’s hands, like he has a knife and is spinning it around or something. Thank you

Also, with Moon Animator, I am unable to move the character’s limbs so they fit with first person… is there a possible way to do this

Hold on I just started that outdated tutorial and there is a Wield Edit Settings place in the Moon Animator, where do I find that

Hold on I am using the Moon Animator wields and not Motor 6D now

Hey there, first of all; you’d want to be able to distinguish the difference between a Weld and a Motor6D.

When would you use which one?

Long story short; use Weld if you’re not planning to move/animate it anytime soon. Use Motor6D if you’re planning to animate it.

With that said, the first step that you’d have to do is have your dummy and also your knife. To do this, create a Motor6D and attach the knife & the dummy’s arm.

Using Moon Animator, use their Easy Weld tool to attach them together. Make sure that you select the arm as the Base Part. Also make sure that your knife is not anchored.

In this case, since you want your knife to be animatable as a Motor6D, check “Animatable”. You can uncheck it if you want it to serve as a weld instead.

Then, you’d want to choose either Join or Join in Place.

What’s the difference?
Join: Attachs the knife to the player’s arm but also moving the knife to the player arms.
Join in Place: Attachs the knife to the player’s arm but without moving the knife to the player arms.

In my case, I selected Join and now it would look like this

As you can see, the knife is now movable. Do keep in mind that the knife moves along your arm as you’ve set your arm as the Base Part.

Go ahead and animate it however you want, spin it, throw it, et cetera.

Could you explain more on what you mean by this?

Edit, nvm I figured it out

And for your question on the thing I said, I am gonna make a video showing what I mean

@astra_wr This is what I mean by not being able to move the character’s body parts, I can only rotate them

This is also the case with the knife, I can only rotate it, I cannot move it without exiting the animation editer

I have figured out that when I move the knife with the move tool, it is no longer joined with the arm. (I can still rotate it with the animation editer) But I am using my own avatar and that has the “ROBLOX Boy” arms

Ah, press R to switch between move and rotate.
You can also press Y to switch between global and local space.

:man_facepalming: Oh my goodness

Welp, time to make a sick animation I guess

1 Like

@astra_wr Question, how can I make the camera go into “First Person Mode” with Moon Animator? Because I cannot find a good angle when I go into the character’s first person mode myself

Assuming you’ve already figured out the answer (since you posted a topic in Cool Creations), I’ll just state it here for anyone else reading this.

You can set the camera inside the head, pointing towards where the dummy is looking at.

I did not figure out the answer, I just finally got a good angle manually ._.