Feedback for my first game

Hi there, I’m Ervy. :eyes:

This is my very first work as a LUAu Developer and I’d like to hear opinions respecting it; will it be about the description, functions, playability, or whatever you may want to point out. You can comment here, but feel free to DM me if that’s what you need. :whale2:

Remember this is the BETA and it’s expected to have many bugs, you can comment them here too, I’d appreciate it.

A side note is that I’ve tried to ensure the game was as optimized as possible, so you probably shouldn’t have any problems when playing with a low-end PC. If you do experience low-frame rates or crashes, feel free to contact me as well, by the means you feel more comfortable with! :heart:

What to actually expect from the game
1 — Starting to play

You will be immediately taken to a menu screen, where you should press the play button in order to, well, play.

2 — The map

After the loading screen loads (right), you will see this scenery. Whereas you move, cars will appear. Your objective is to evade them and get to the portal at the end of that one region, while grabbing coins or gems distributed randomly throughout the map.

3 — How to use gems and coins

Coins are much easier to get than gems. Their spawn-rate is higher, as well as the ‘daily rewards’ possibility towards getting them is higher.

With gems, you can buy tools. Like a push tool which works with players and cars.

With coins, on the other hand, you can buy avatars. Every avatar’s value is ten times greater than the prior. It is worth the price, though: every avatar gives you the following benefits:

1. Considerably increases the amounts of gems and coins you get; and
  2. Lets you pass to new regions.

Not in-game yet:
  • A way to purchase tools;
  • Developer Products: semaphore, bridges, ghost mode;
  • Gamepasses: VIP, larger FOV, jump, 2x speed, 2x lot;
  • Badges;
  • Save and load settings when you rejoin the game.

Rate the game!:

0 voters

Thanks for taking your time reading here and playing! ^^

1 Like

I quickly played this game and what I can say is that it’s (kind of) unplayable, what you should do is giving the player a wider field of view, if it’s the same as it still is, you can’t see the cars coming, which just makes this game WAY more difficult than it should be, coins and gems don’t seem too appealing to collect, and they seem like they want to be avoided, the loading screen doesn’t look like a loading screen, but more like just an unskipable cutscene, this is just what I think so take this with a grain of salt.

Noted! I forgot to publish the latest game version before posting this so it was an outdated game version.

I’m reducing the time the loading screen lasts up to a fifth it used to.

About the FOV, I think it’s as hard as it should be. I’ll consider it though. It’s set at 70 as of now; perhaps 80 will do?

Then, how do you think I can make gems appealing to the player to collect?

This game seems… familiar. If you change up the theming to something more original, it would probably attract more players. There’s also a typo in the description, ‘grabbing dropped lot’ should be ‘grabbing dropped loot’, with two O’s.

1 Like

Make coins and gems more easier and less unappealing to collect, and less “random”.
What I mean is that even though it may be difficult, make liket a grid where gems and coins can spawn, and if a coin/gem wants to spawn in a specific part of the grid where there’s another coin/gem, it will place itself in any other part of the grid where there isn’t another coin/gem.

To make the coins/gems more appealing to collect (and less like a chore) make the coins/gems spawn closer to the spawn and not that far away, but of course, make a coin/gem cap to prevent having tons of gems and coins at spawn, and the coins/gems just seem not that visually appealing, as they are just images rotating, of course, even though it may be difficult, making them 3D should make them more appealing to see than just images rotating horizontally, and like @2xA_Imagineer95 said, try making it more original.

Of course, you can do whatever you want to your game, this is just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

Thanks for the positive feedback! About the typo, I don’t know how I missed that. Then, how do you suggest I can change the theming to attract more players? (by ‘theming’ I suppose you refer to the game looks in general: UI, models, etc.)

Uhmmm. It’s easy to do it so they not appear neither in the same position of:

• another coin;
  • the roads;
  • the bushes, rocks and trees.

so I’ll look into that. The coin/gem cap it’s already there, and it increases a bit per region. Every five minutes, all the coins and gems respawn.

About how further them are, I can’t do much about that. The game is about grabbing gems and coins to pass to the next region, so coins and gems should be equally distributed all over the map. Otherwise, no one’d get far from the spawn because they won’t get any gems/coins for it.

Thanks for replying again hehe

I decided to check out the game, it’s a good game but one of the issues I noticed was the game isn’t really challenging. What you should do is take some inspiration from another game on a similar game, crossy road, the camera moves to give the player less time to wait and more time to make hasty decisions, which can make the game more challenging. In your game, you could add positive and negative boosts that will affect the gameplay.

I have seen coins/gems being at the same place, not exactly the same coordinates, but like REALLY close.

I mean, I haven’t done it yet, but I do know how to do it.

Although it’ll probably lag off people with low-end PCs, so I don’t know if it’s worth it.

Fair enough, people with low-end PCs getting lagged off by something that doesn’t affect gameplay that much.

1 Like

Okay, then I’ll set up the game like this:

• The camera should let you rotate, at least with a button, in order to not annoy the player. At last, they are used to the x-y-z axis camera every Roblox game has.
  • The FOV should be 80 or larger, the player doesn’t like having a low quantity of information about where the cars are, right.
  • I’ll reduce the price of every avatars, so the first part of the game is easier. Perhaps creating a tutorial will help.
  • There has to be some sort of thing, besides the cars, that can kill you and therefore making the game a bit more entertaining, hard.

What do you think?

Overall, it’s a simple, fun and easy to pick up game for what it is though I do have a few suggestions.

• Fix the cars, I’d imagine they’d end my run, but they don’t seem to at all even if I purposefully get hit by one. (I feel like this one is a bug though)

• Make the coins and gems 3d instead of 2d. This really isn’t a big deal though I do think it’d be more appealing to look at

• Make it so we can look left and right. It’s very difficult to see the cars coming until it’s almost too late in most cases so being able to check your lefts and rights would be very useful.

Other than that, I like what you have got going and encourage you to keep going and do great!

1 Like

Yes, I broke the kill script by adding a Bindable event but it’s all solved now.

I don’t know how to 3D model (well, just a bit), so it’ll be hard. I think the difference won’t be much at last.

Yes, you can now look to both sides by changing into first-person mode or using ‘Q’ or ‘E’ keys.

Thanks for sharing your opinion off in a positive way :heart: he

1 Like

Sounds great! Also adding audio to stuff like when you get coins and gems, like a “shiny” ping sound, if you get what I mean, cars should also have an incoming sound so that they are less unexpected, and also remove helicopters from the roads because helicopters do get “quirky” sometimes.

1 Like

Yes, these are some remarkable points. I’ll remove helicopters and then I’ll add the sounds as soon as I get to work.

The car horn sound was already planned, but I gave up on doing it, I’m getting back to it as a while passed and now it probably won’t be so hard.

Like the idea was:

• Either getting the (Player.Position - Obstacle.Position).Magnitude and if it’s lower than a quantity of studs, a sound plays.

• Or vehicles raycasting forward in order to see if there’s a humanoid in front of them every often, if yes, a sound plays.

Edit: even if I think this is a great idea, won’t it lag the player quite a bit as well or not?

I don’t think it will lag players, as it’s a raycast event or something like that.

1 Like