How could I make a frame in a UIGridLayout Bigger but still stay in it's position?

Hey all!

I am struggling to think of a solution to increase the size of this frame and it still staying in the same position where it is rather than moving. I need this to work when the players mouse is hovering over any of the frames but I am just not sure how to increase the size of any of the frames whilst it staying in it’s position.

Any help is much appreciated :slight_smile:

Just set the position again after changing its size? Or if it’s a tween then add it to that?

The Size and Position are locked and cannot be changed manually or through a tween because of the UIGridLayout

Does this help with your problem any?

Unfortunately a UISizeConstraint just moves the frame to a different position rather than staying in it’s designated position on the grid like I wanted. It does change the size but doesn’t stay in the same position.

I’m not sure how else to help besides giving this, but I honestly don’t know if it’ll help or not

Still no I am already using scale not offset, sorry. I appreciate your help though.

Update: Found a solution!

Simply make a frame and make it invisible (this will be controlled by the Grid Layout)
Then place the actual frame (In my case it is ‘CommonItemCircle’) into the invisible frame.
Now you can freely change the position and size of the ‘CommonItemCircle’ frame with it still being in the grid layout and not shifting position!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.