How did you learn math? How did you learn ways to apply it Roblox Studio?

I’m at the point in my scripting journey where I understand the basics and fundamentals but I don’t understand things such as trigonometry, linear interpolation, and inverse kinematics. These types of math are very different but at this point in my journey I come under the same conclusion when trying to learn them(that I don’t know what i’m doing lol).

If you learned math like this, what methods did you use to learning this math and how did you learn to apply it to Roblox?

I think I understand trigonometry in Roblox Studio from this tutorial but I don’t know how to apply what I learned. For example, creating a circle below in the tutorial I didn’t know you’d have to divide math.pi*2 by the number of squares and multiple it by i despite knowing everything else above the part-creating circle example.

2 Likes

For learning it, I don’t know where to indicate you. I learned most of what I know either from school or YouTube.

But for applying oh ho ho trigonometry and math is everywhere, if you have 2 vector3s that is already a triangle and you can discover a bunch of useful information with it, math, but especially trigonometry you can apply almost everywhere. Take this for example, this guy is rotating a boat based on 2 points and he discovers the angle based on 2 lines using just trigonometry!

Although you may think I hate trigonometry because of my username I love it! it can get too complicated sometimes but it is way more useful than it is complicated and the dev forum is here, we can ask anything about math.

Sadly the learning part can be long or short but with time and dedication you can learn anything, just be patient, even if you’re learning alone you can do it just with internet content.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.