How do i add grass on a PART?

I have searched up some tutorials on grass however most of those tutorials are putting grass on terrain. How do i put grass on a part? The grass is a visible gui like sticking out of the part and not just the part material.

4 Likes

As of now, you can’t add grass on parts. You’ll need to add them manually or create a grass movement system if needed.

4 Likes

id just do it like genshin

make a grass decal, add invisible spawnbox that casts rays top-down and looks for objects, then spawns grass randomly. You can also use bush models etc. for this strat, or make circular grass areas

as for the grass animations, theres a module for it (didnt read it, so not sure if itll help you)

or if you want a wind wave effect (like ghibli films) you could map the grass angles to a sine wave and constantly add some k value to function so the grass looks like its waving

for a player-displaces-grass effect, you could make hitbox around player and check the grass decals inside of it, then have their angles deflected to opposite of hitbox center (basically checking grass, hitbox delta position)

to actually get the grass to work you dont wanna use parts for decals, use beams instead. this lets you also animate the grass by altering the rounding effect, or just position multiple beams at ends of each other to animate the grass

3 Likes