How do I change speed on a model?

• What are you attempting to achieve? - Changing the speed of my speedboat
  • What is the issue? - Basically when the speedboat initially starts it goes really fast and I just want to slow it down.
  • What solutions have you tried so far? - I’ve tried browsing youtube and the wiki but found nothing. I do have suspicions that a velocity would be added but I don’t know.

Here is the script to make it function (It’s a self driving boat btw, so it is moving by a script not an actual player driving it, so there is no confusion in this topic)

for i = 0,-100,-.1 do
script.Parent:TranslateBy(Vector3.new(i,0,0))
wait()

Thanks once again :slightly_smiling_face:

What is the hierarchy of script.Parent? It will help solve the problem.

Do you want a collisions to be possible with the boat or is it just a cutscene type of thing?

Have you played the game ‘Camping’ where a certain amount of people are in the truck then it drives off, I want my boat to do that but go at a reasonable speed.

And the hierarchy of script.Parent is just the BoatMesh with the seats inside of it, everything that holds it

It could be possible that Camping uses Tween for their Truck to move

TweenService

Otherwise

I would use Model:MoveTo() or Model:SetPrimaryCFrame() instead of Model:TranslateBy()

1 Like

Thanks @RuizuKun_Dev this method worked like a charm, I just used a tween and now it runs at a reasonable pace.

1 Like