How do I create a portal similar to the ones in Roblox events?

Hi, I’m inspired by the portals in the Hunt and the Classic and I want to make something similar. I don’t know how to make one, so show me. It should be like the one in the attached image and should include:

• a cutscene of the player being sucked into the game
  • the age guidelines of the game
  • a cool 3D effect
1 Like

You’d either need to externally get this with some kind of HTTPS thing, or get em manually,

Just an animation really that should be able to be made pretty easily.

Idk tbh lol.

After all of that you can use teleport service to teleport the player to the place

Don’t ask people for scripts. You have to learn with the help of the dev forum, it’s like copying and pasting code without learning from it.

But what I would suggest is probably use teleport service to teleport the player, and maybe some scripts for the camera movement and things like that.

maybe something like this?

local Players = game:GetService("Players")
local player = Players.LocalPlayer
local targetPlaceId = -- replace with the ID of the place you want to teleport to

local function onTouch(otherPart)
    local character = otherPart.Parent
    local humanoid = character:FindFirstChildWhichIsA("Humanoid")
    if humanoid then
        game:GetService("TeleportService"):Teleport(targetPlaceId)
    end
end

local Part = script.Parent
Part.Touched:Connect(onTouch)
2 Likes

I believe they do it with ViewportFrames… Like… coordinating the VPF to the player’s CurrentCamera… It’s math and I’m not doing that right now :coefficients: .

EDIT: Maybe just use a SurfaceGui and adjust the position of each frame inside of it.

4 Likes

For the 3d effect, check out @EgoMoose’s work using ViewportFrames to achieve a similar effect in this topic.

If you’re trying to recreate the portal effect (Like when you walk into the portal and teleport to another game), I don’t know. I don’t mean to self advertise, but if you’re looking to recreate the portal model, I’ve made some semi-close duplicates of all the event portals since The Hunt event.