How do I disable this weird selector thing?

After some Roblox update, whenever I click the backslash key on my keyboard, this weird GUI selector thing comes up that prevents me from moving. This is effecting the functionality of my game. How do I disable this, and when will Roblox stop pushing game-breaking changes without a warning?

4 Likes

Since this is a Controller feature, (I don’t remember the Name of the Button), press the Middle Left Button

(Just Checked, the Back Button)

I’m on a desktop and this is showing up when I click . How do I stop that?

You didn’t answer my question.

Strange,

This is normally a feature for Xbox Controllers to Navigate the UI, not sure how you got this.

Are you using the microsoft store roblox app or are you launching straight from a browser?

1 Like

Im still having the same issue, any ideas to the fix?

2 Likes

It’s a new feature where you can select gui objects with arrow keys. Press \ to disable and enable.

8 Likes

Yes as @lolmansReturn said, this is a button to select gui objects. The developer of the gam- I MEAN experience can’t disable or enable this in the GUI properties so far yet, hopefully they will have an option. Unfortunately, if they did somehow enable it in the future, there is no way to disable it in the roblox player side unless roblox adds that option too :frowning:

1 Like

Where in properties do I find this setting?

1 Like

Im looking to disable it entirely.

I think this topic I created a while back may interest you. In the meantime lemme look for the property

edit: Nvm, I do not think there is a way to disable this, unless I haven’t looked thoroughly enough. Sorry!! just edited my original post to include this

3 Likes

I have the same error but on pc, how do I turn it off

1 Like

I have managed using \ not /

ik you want to disable this entirely but this is my solution and I don’t think you can disable pernematly

1 Like

I’m a bit Late on this Topic, but here is a List of Keyboard Shortcuts if that Interests you:

This only covers keyboard shortcuts NOT in any games.

There is a key combination that allows you to navigate the Computer (And Windows) without using a Mouse, or the built in one in Laptops, It might interest people.

1 Like

This just happened to me too and I figured out how to fix it.
I was holding down the Start button on my keyboard and the Backspace button at the same time. When I let go of them, it went away.

1 Like

Just press the \ key.

3 Likes

Shift + \ toggles the UI navigation

1 Like