How do I fix or work around this?

I created this castle, and inside, there is a bit of light from outside shining through barely at the top. The top is completely sealed, there are no holes so how could light get through? It’s not the biggest deal to me but it makes the build uglier.

I’ve seen a handful of games with this same thing so I feel like it is a bug but it has been around for so long that I have no idea.

Edit: I meant to put this on the building support topic, sorry.

2 Likes

I think that’s something related to light leaking(an engine - related bug that is on for quite some time)? You can see how to fix here:

TL;DR: Make the walls thicker(more than 6 studs, not working when it’s an union though - but I didn’t test it), or… (as seen in the post’s solution)

Put a 45 degree wedge in the corner.
It has to be 2x2 studs (and the length of the wall) to hide the leak completely if the walls are 4x4 aligned.

2 Likes

This is caused by the system Roblox uses to detect incoming light from the sky. It doesn’t do thin walls or corners very well. So, you could either do as @lego_model suggests or just wait for Roblox to ship a system that better detects sky-light, which you may be waiting a while for.

There was a hack week project this year, called “SDFGI”, that improved this system quite a bit, but nobody knows if it will be worked on officially.

2 Likes

Assume this is in the depths of hack week. This would be an extremely useful update.