How do i get better at gfx

1. What do you want to achieve? I want to get better at making gfx

2. What is the issue? I was doing a commission and realized and the person declined and I realized I’m really not improving at all when it comes to making them.

2 Likes

Can you show me some of your work? :slight_smile:

The first GFX on your portfolio looks really good! I love the detail in it especially in the background, the second GFX’s background is quite simple though
I would also work on the shading and lighting, it looks a bit flat (unless that is the look you are going for). I think learning how to bend limbs on bender would drastically improve your GFX’s I’ve heard of a plugin called PaintRigV3, I have never used it, but there are many tutorials online showing you how to use it c:
also if you want add images, add text, add whatever you want over the GFX, sometimes that can really bring a GFX up to the next level
:slight_smile:

i use that lol

1 Like

Hmm. As I am a gfx artist myself and do quite well in the field I think I can answer your problem. When I used to use blender, I used the same rig as you. If you use that rig, render it using cycles not Eevee. Because if I remember right when using Eevee the lines show on the rig. Also your camera angle could be better. Maybe a more dramatic angle. In your second gfx on your portfolio, the lighting was very even which in this case was bad, as there were no shadows at all. You want to find the middle ground when dealing with lighting. Hope this helped. :grin:

2 Likes