How do I get LinkedScripts to work?

I thought using LinkedScripts would be intuitive, but it appears not (or it’s buggy).

I created a LinkedScript, but it doesn’t seem to want to work. Here’s what it all looks like:

I press F6, test it, and it works great. When I publish it, it confirms that the script got published too:
linkedscript_04

But when I go online, it doesn’t work:

Is there something I’m doing wrong? I’m not really sure what to do. When I re-load the place in Studio, it gives me the same errors, yet I double-click the scripts and they open just fine.

Edit: It doesn’t work in the test server either.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue. They might be discontinued or something?

Oh, so maybe this should be a bug report then? I’ll wait to see if others have the same issue and then maybe reorient my post.

They don’t work in group places for some reason, if this is what you’re using it in.

But if this is happening in a normal place too now…

Ah, yeah I am in a group place.

2 Likes

In that case we will have to wait for Roblox to address the issue :frowning:

I posted the bug report a while ago
Group Linked Sources 'do not exist'?

2 Likes

If I am correct a linkedsource is a model correct? if so would making the model with the group work?

(hope I am right never used linkedscripts)

Nope, you’re thinking of the module scripts you can require by ID.

Linked sources are scripts only usable in the game they were made in. They are uploaded as an asset, although they are used a little bit differently, at least on the front-end.

You don’t need to manually update them - and you can have multiple in your place, and editing one will update the others.