How do i get this?

HOW DO I GET THIS??

iceskate

1 Like

Well option a would be follow the tutorial which it tells you how to set everything up in the posts or another option would be to set the player’s HumanoidRootPart velocity to be equal to the cars

1 Like

Please can you help. I read and reread the posts and the documentation five times and added the example scripts to my game and I don’t understand how it works.

My character does not stay on top of the car. It just falls off when it moves.

1 Like

Have you tried using the tutorial files?

Yes.

Is it because the vehicle Parts now have an AssemblyLinearVelocity in them that acts as a conveyor belt and is pushing the player off? I’ve seen this in vehicles I’ve built where the physics of the Constraints I’ve been using seem to interfere with the Velocity and push players around.

I just have a part that I am moving with a tween. When I stand on the part, I don’t move with it, I fall off as soon as I move.

That’s why. Physics doesn’t work with Anchored Parts. Try welding an Unanchored Part(s) that’s the shape of the platform you want the player to stand on to the Anchored Part you are Tweening.

If you are just moving a platform or something else in a straight line you could also use a PrismaticConstraint. The physics of those works well with players.

This is what I was doing. Physics doesn’t work when tweening anchored parts it seems.

I tried using PrismaticConstraints with the help of Scottifly’s model.

I am trying to move a car along a predetermined path. I have a bunch of parts lined up back to back (with turns) and I’m making the car move with a PrismaticConstraint from one end of a part to the other and then change Attachment0 to the next part and repeat. It looks good on the server, but on the client there is a large pause when I switch attachments for some reason.

Next, how do I keep the momentum when the player jumps while standing on the car?

The pause on the client is probably due to NetworkOwnership.

As far as other players jumping on vehicles Egomoose’s Wall stick/Gravity Controller may be your best bet.

If you want any player to move with an object, then you need to use the roblox physics as suggested from the replies you’ve gotten so far. If you want to create a moving car for example, then this guide will guide you through how to create a vehicle

Okay I am using PrismaticConstraints now, but how do I conserve momentum? Do I use AssemblyLinearVelocity?