How do I go about making R15 foot planting?

Well im really new Inverse Kinematics and cant figure out how it works. I want to make R15 foot planting for my custom R15 character but I dont know how to do so. Ive tried plenty of scripts from devforums to the Roblox Tool Box but cant find one that works correctly. What ends up happening is the legs are levitating then work when you walk or it just completely breaks the legs. I would really like to have it play with character animations but any help is useful thanks.

1 Like

If you’re a “noob” then I’d suggest not doing it at all. Footplanting looks really odd on the short little roblox characters, and it takes a lot of time to code. I can recommend two things to you, which is 2 joint 2 limb IK module (2 Joint 2 Limb Inverse Kinematics - #14 by Soliform) which I’ve made a couple of posts on. It is usually for hand IK but I was able to somewhat get it working with feet.
Another option is FABRIK, which is an IK method that works with any amount of joints and is really cool. However, I found it to be really difficult to get working and understand since the actual code examples aren’t very in depth. Nonetheless, I recommend you check it out! FABRIK (Inverse kinematics) - YouTube

Honestly, don’t even bother with IK unless its some huge major gameplay feature. And if it is, I’d recommend rethinking your game.

Though it isnt that that important but I want it in it to give the character more of a funny feel. I have seen that post before but I still dont understand all these triangles and angles. Do you have any source code I would be able to go off of?

The module itself is open sourced and has source code. The baseplate even has examples of the arm being moved and it uses motor C0s and C1s. Try opening up that place and experimenting. If you don’t have at least a basic understanding of trig, I wouldn’t recommend doing something like this.