How do I insert a chassis in my cars,I dont want to sit 12 hours straight working on a chassis

The Building Support sub-category is intended for all development support relating to architecture on the Roblox platform. This includes questions ranging in difficulty from extremely basic to even the most technical of issues.

You may present your thread how you choose, but you are required to answer the following questions in your thread;

• What are you attempting to achieve?
    I am trying to make a car for a extremely high quality game like jailbreak or madcity

• What solutions have you tried so far?
    I have searched up the topic but I found non of them.

“extremely high quality game” and “I don’t want to spend the time it takes to make it” don’t go together very well.

There are a lot of chassis topics so I’d be surprised that you didn’t find any. Here’s one by Crazyman32 which could help:

I think one of the issues here is that you’ve also posted it in Building Support, when really games like Jailbreak achieve nearly everything through scripting, and I believe Jailbreak doesn’t even use constraints - the cars essentially float above their wheels.

If you want a quick solution, you can follow the basic vehicle tutorials on the developer hub, which don’t require scripting, but they are very far from what a game like Jailbreak has, and you have to put in the time to get something as high quality as that.

3 Likes

I have just started scripting. Yea ik they script it all

Then I’m confused what you’re asking for in this thread. If you know how they do it, then you just need to sit down and do it.

The reality of it is, if you’ve only just started scripting, and you want a fully-scripted chassis, you will spend in excess of 12 hours on it before it works flawlessly.

If your question is can you do it in less than 12 hours? Maybe if you already have the knowledge and a plan. But personally I think I’d spend much longer than 12 hours on it to get it perfect and I started scripting a long time ago.

1 Like

I am an absolute begginer that’s why i was asking and I wanna study the scripts of the a-chassis

I am trying to make a game better than jailbreak or just literally adding concepts that I really want in jailbreak

The creators of Jailbreak literally spent years perfecting their vehicles. Creating a vehicle mechanic better than Jailbreak’s in under 12 hours is a completely unrealistic goal. This also goes without mention that the Jailbreak developers have a lot more experience than you in game design.

Creating a well-done chassis takes time, which is crucial if you want to be a dedicated developer.

1 Like

I recently came across this and I thought I’d give some advice. If you wish to achieve splendid chassis quality like the ones in Jailbreak, Ultimate Driving, etc. There are 2 ways to do so.

1. The model library is public and open to everyone, getting a chassis to be implemented to another one is just as easy (or should be) as it sounds. In most of my cases, I used to see which a-chassis vehicles found in the library have potentials in refining them and copy the entire a-chassis script and pasting it into the model that I’m working on. However, please note that it’s not yours if you don’t add in your own type of salt. As a way to respect the original tuners of the script, it’s best that you refine them on your own and always remember “You” can make it better.

2. This is a step that I genuinely and highly do not recommend unless your purpose is to study the chassis. It’s possible that from time to time you will stumble upon stolen models from big games. So if you’re lucky to encounter one from a game that has a chassis tuned to something that you’re trying to achieve, take a study in it, but do not use the models as it’s extremely disrespectful to do so unless you’re given permission to from the original owner of the chassis.

1 Like