How do I leave comments?

I tend to see myself only leaving a 2 word reply in scripting support. However it says that I need to at least reply with 20 words. Is there a way to “comment” someone like something you would see on the scripting helpers website? Or do I just need to make my response longer?

37 Likes

Your responses have to be at least 30 characters long if you are replying to a post or posting something.

12 Likes

I’m not sure why you’re only replying with two words - but most people just do something like “Wow thats so great! (30 Charrsssssss)” to bypass it.

6 Likes

May I ask what your replying with that’s two words long

13 Likes

A reply with 2 words?

We have the like function for a reason. Use that if you are going to say ‘Thank you!’, or ‘Thanks!’.

6 Likes

You can say whatever you were gonna say then at the bottom add a blur spoiler and put “30 characters” or something like that

5 Likes

Most likely Short replays the reply has to be atleast 30 letters So if you wrote 2 words you can always add (30 characters) in the end

6 Likes

If your having an error with replying to a post, you should just add more to it. The minimum characters to post a reply is that so that you have something to add to the post that is meaningful, or simply has context to it.

6 Likes

Generally, if a reply is only 2 words, it doesn’t add anything significant to the topic, and will most likely be removed and your account will be warned.
Saying posts like for example:

Examples
  • Rip (30characterssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss)
  • Lol (30charsssssssssssssssssssssssssssss)
  • Thank you so much! (30 chars 30 chars)
  • Thanks! (30 characters 30 30 30)

is prohibited as per the forum rules, every reply needs to add something significant. If you want to thank someone, just use the Like button.

4 Likes

No, not like that. Like mentioned above, if the forum is preventing you from replying due to not meeting the minimum character limit that is likely to prevent low-quality posts. 100% of the time, your <30 character reply can be a like instead.

6 Likes

Although annoying, you’re supposed to use the like button for that.

7 Likes

I’m sure there are certain situations where a 2 worded response is fine to use, and doesn’t need a heart. For example, imagine this scenario: a developer on the devfourm asks me specifically for how to write a short post. I tell him -

Like this

30 Characters

My post is both relevant to the discussion, and short. I provided a solution to his problem yet kept my post short. Now, how he applies this knowledge may be against the devfourm TOS, but when I used it, I didn’t break any rules. My post maintained relevance while being short.

6 Likes