How do i load someones Character in R6

Hey! I am currently making a project and i want to know how do i load a random friend character in R6?

I would appreciate any kind of support.

local description = game.Players:GetHumanoidDescriptionFromUserId(1387374449)
game.Players:CreateHumanoidModelFromDescription(description,Enum.HumanoidRigType.R6,"Default")
2 Likes

Expanding off of the API for obtaining friends from a UserID, explained well by this post: Getting a players friends - #4 by ForeverHD
And expanding off of Auburn’s post.

local fID = 0 --UserID to search for friends from
local FriendTable = {}

local Success,FriendPage = pcall(function() --Protected call to prevent errors. Better safe than sorry.
	return game.Players:GetFriendsAsync(fID) --Obtain all friends from the previously stated fID variable.
end)
if Success then
	repeat
		local PageInfo = FriendPage:GetCurrentPage() --Gets the current page of friends.

for Index,FriendInfo in pairs(PageInfo) do --Iterates through the page and adds the info from each friend to "FriendTable".
			table.insert(FriendTable,FriendInfo) --Insert to "FriendTable".
		end

if not FriendPage.IsFinished then --If there are still pages left, continue iterating
			FriendPage:AdvanceToNextPageAsync() --Advance to next page
		end
	until FriendPage.IsFinished --Once finished, halt the repeat
end

local FriendInfo = FriendTable[math.random(1,#FriendTable)] --Obtain FriendInfo from the "FriendTable" using our current Index. math.random to pick a random friend. (# operator obtains the length of tables without keys)
local FriendDescription = game.Players:GetHumanoidDescriptionFromUserId(FriendInfo["Id"]) --Basing off of the previous post! Obtain the HumanoidDescription from the UserID of the randomly picked friend.
local FriendCharacter = game.Players:CreateHumanoidModelFromDescription(FriendDescription,Enum.HumanoidRigType.R6,"Default") --Applies the previously obtained HumanoidDescription to a PlayerModel which is generated from game.Players. (Set to spawn as R6)

--Do whatever with FriendCharacter

This code is untested for errors because my Intellisense is currently broken, so please troubleshoot this before using it!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.