How do I make a character wear an item?

Hi, so for my character customization screen I want to attach certain items onto their character but I am not familiar with the ways. Do I attach it via. CFrame or is there an easier way to make a model wear an item like a hat or hair. How do I do this for those who know? Thanks!

2 Likes

You can set up yours hats and hairs to be Accessory instances. Then, you can call Humanoid:AddAccessory to place it on them.

Consider reading this article for a more advanced tutorial:

3 Likes

I used AddAccessory but all it does is drop the item through the baseplate in workspace every time I try. I also parent it to the character- does it need to be parented somewhere else? Thanks

1 Like

Hi crossbar, The main reason this happens to your accessory is due to the fact that your accessory is not being welded to the character at a specific point.

The cause of this is actually simple in most cases. The Handle object within your accessory does not contain an Attachment Object whose name matches an Attachment inside the character’s body.

Roblox’s internal engine uses these attachments to weld the Accessory to the body itself, thus reflecting your issue. If the accessory falls through the baseplate and isn’t welding, it simply didn’t find an attachment to weld itself too. Hoped this helps!

3 Likes