How do I make a perfect circle?

Hello, I am a ROBLOX developer and I cannot find out on how to make perfect circles, if anyone knows any solutions I will be happy to take your feedback!

1 Like

use unions and negate parts to make a circle

1 Like

The most efficient way to create accurate curves is by using the Archimedes plugin.

You can use smaller parts and a lower angle to create smoother edges.

3 Likes

Short answer: Cylinders
Long answer: Plugins, unions and tedious work.

1 Like

I do not recommend using Solid Modelling (unions). It makes your game slow and your loadingtime will me longer, how more Solid Modelling (unions) you use.

2 Likes

yea i do know that i am not a newbie. but thats is a valid answer and who knows how many he would use?

1 Like

You can use the basic cylinders. But if you are building more complex/complicated builds (for example: Roads), I reccommend using plugins such as Archimedes or Ropeater.

2 Likes

Correct. But it is best if new developers learn from the start what can / cannot be done, what is / is not useful, what is / is not wise or good to do. If they’re going to pick things up, use them for quite some time, they’re not going to consider other, perhaps better ways of building well.

1 Like

Yes I know that new developers should be taught the right way and not the wrong way. But I am just giving my OWN OPINION to him on how he can ALSO do it.

1 Like

circles are alright. just use a flat cylinder.

pentagons, hexagons and triangles however… grrrr

2 Likes

hexagons and triangles are easy pentagons and other gons are bad

1 Like

tell me ur secrets in dms brother!! i literally despise making any type of polygon in studio. it’s so annoying lol

1 Like

Thanks for the help! It’s appreciated.

Just use a flat cylinder, but you won’t be able to add studs and stuff to it for some reason.

I’d suggest using a high poly circle in Blender, as the cylinder has clear edges to it.

3 Likes

Hey Paddingtonbear,
You can try to make a cylinder mesh on your part that just makes the part flat.
Hope this works:)

Not the most experienced in blender but I’m sure it would be pretty easy to just export a circle mesh from blender.

For optimization purposes though, just use a cylinder part.

You should clarify what you mean. Perfect circles are theoretical and are pretty much confined to the world of math. Dispensing with the “perfect” part, what is it you’re after? Do you need an outline of a circle? A filled circle? A technique or equation to create a circle out of other parts/items, like a fairy circle of mushrooms? Did you already try using a flattened cylinder and decided that you needed something smoother? Is this for a Gui? Any of the answers above could be right–or none–depending on what you’re actually after. If someone hit on an answer that works for you, you ought to mark it as a solution so people can stop fretting over this.

It is for an umbrella. So yeah.

Its from here

click “Cylinder”. Then it spawns a circle.

If you are looking for 2D UI circle look at UICorner