How do I make a ridable mount? (mech robot creature)

1. To be brief, I want to make a ridable mount, (e.g. a horse.) I am making a giant sized mech with a cockpit/drivers’ seat inside the head of the robot, and I want it to be sort of like a car, but it can jump, and it plays animations while walking/idle/jumping.

2. I am not really sure how to achieve this, however, due to my lack of knowledge of scripting (Please keep in mind that I’m not trying to get people to make scripts for me.) I have tried looking for tutorials online, but have found nothing covering how to create a mount system from scratch.

3. I have tried modifying the horse model made by Roblox in the now removed “Western” template, but to no avail.

After that, you should include more details if you have any. Try to make your topic as descriptive as possible, so that it’s easier for people to help you!

1 Like

As long as the model has network ownership you can use functions such as humanoid:Move() to move it, animations such as humanoid:LoadAnimation() or humaniod.Animator:LoadAnimation().

To give network ownership you can weld a seat onto the mech. When a player sits they will automatically gain network ownership which is what the below resource uses to control the humanoid.

Otherwise you can use a server script with OnSeat connection event and clone a local script to PlayerGui give control.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.