How do i make a roblox fps viewmodel

i want to make the a viewmodel (hands to hold the guns etc.) but ive done everything i need to but it doesnt work. i used rig edit light and the roblox blender addon. but it doesnt work. at all.i checked youtube and the forums but none of the stuff helps. im looking to add scripts to it. just make the animations. can someone walk me through it. im tired of also these useless tutorials that dont work.

2 Likes

Have you given this tutorial a try?

In it’s original form, it welds a clone character to your cam so that hands will always stay at a fixed position. Weapon models is stuck to your cloned body with a Motor6D so that they follow body movement. (Meaning you animation the clones Humanoid)

It can be modified to have arm sway as well as specific weapon part animations by connecting them with Motor6D’s instead of welds.

1 Like

i dont know how to script. im looking to get the gun connected to the arms an animate the guns for my game. other people do the code.

Best suggestion on top of my head is making the weapon a model and connecting movable parts to the primary part, then connecting the primary part to the right hand or torso.

All connections must be Motor6D in order to animate them.
You should be able to animate it all together then.

whats motor6d? settings the primary part to the arm would probaly wreck the rig.

A Motor6D is like a limb connection.

The weapon needs to be its own model.

1 Like

if you want to setup with one click then go with this https://www.roblox.com/library/804263305/Constraint-Editor

You have to select the first part then the rest you want to animate
then Click on “Create Motor6D”

arms template
https://www.roblox.com/library/6725281710/Viewmodel-arms-template-FE-GUN-KIT-VM

it is. its a single model it just do it.

i want to use original stuff in the game not a kit.

In one of my test projects, this is my setup:
FPV_bat is the first person view clone of the character.
model is the weapon model, in this case a bat.
The bat model has its own humanoid so that it can have its own animations.
All the movable parts of the weapon has Motor6D’s connected to a “RootPart”.
(The Left and Right are custom meshes that replaces the View Model arms in FPV_bat, but if you follow the example in the tutorial above, they will act as arm positions.)

explain

Not sure if this helps, but I hope it will be enough explaining to understand how I used the tutorial to gain a nice animation foundation.

am i going to have to do that to every gun i want to animate? every other tutorial ive seen mentions nothing of this.

For this one, I do believe you have to do it with every weapon yes. I apologise if this is not sufficient for you.
I have not looked at any other tutorials as this one fitted my needs at the time. Best of luck to you.