How do I make a sword unsheathe animation?

I am very new to animation on Roblox and I was wondering how could I combine an animation model to a sword in the sheathe so I could animate them both together. Right now, even if I combine them together, the animation editor will only let me animate the model and not the sword in the sheathe along with it. Is there a way to fix this? Thank you!

4 Likes

Could you please elaborate? I don’t understand what you want. Do you want to rig the model to a dummy/rig?

The sheath is the thing you put the sword into when your not using it. It looks like this and it goes on your hip or back.

And yes, I want to rig the model to a dummy so I can animate them both because even if I attach the two, the editor only allows me to animate the dummy and not the sword and sheathe along with it. I hope this makes things more understandable.

1 Like

Ok so do you want to rig the sheath to be attached to the sword but you can pull out the sword of the sheath?

2 Likes

Yeah, exactly

30 character limit

1 Like

Take a look at this: How to animate Tool Parts (Guns, Knifes etc.)
Follow the steps shown here, then simply run the equip animation as soon as the player equips the sword.

3 Likes