How do I make a train work?

I’ve been working on this Class 230 ‘D-Train’ and I would like for it to work but I don’t know how to do it, I 've tried to reach out to some people and it didn’t work. Link any tutorials if there are too…

4 Likes

Of course @asimo3089 will reply to you he is the only one who knows that lol

1 Like

Just note @asimo3089 did the building. @badcc is the one who programmed it. The game Wild West also helped with creating Jailbreak’s trains.

1 Like

Option 1: VectorForces

You put value into force. Train goes woosh. This is what I used with my automatic trains. However, there are some downsides, such as the random physics issues that may occur, causing the train to unexpectedly fling. This can be resolved with CustomPhysicalProperties, but it seems as a very hacky-ish solution

Option 2: AlignPosition

Similar to VectorForces, you use an attachment, however this time you set Attachment1 to the next node where you want the train to go. This will result you potentially placing down many nodes, making this option time consuming. It also does bring in some physics oddities, which you can solve with AlignOrientation or as said before, CustomPhysicalProperties.

Option 3: AlignOrientation + AlignPosition + CFrame

The post explains it well enough. I won’t get into details here.

Please don’t:

7 Likes

sorry for bumping, but what about tweenservice?