How do I make a UI gradient render below an object in a viewport frame?

I am trying to create a viewport frame which also has a ui gradient background. The issue is that the UI gradient is rendering overing the object in the viewport frame.

This is the hierarchy, a model is parented to the world model and a camera is made. The viewport works fine I just dont know how to make the gradient render below the model.

First, this may be impossible unless there’s a random z-index (i know since I tried), 2nd, what is a worldmodel?

I was just getting confused with the transparencies of the elements so I was believing that the gradient was not working in the parent frame, I fixed it by moving the gradient in the hierarchy and setting the parent transparency to not 1.

1 Like

Parenting something to a world model instead of a viewport frame allows for physics within a viewport frame. For example, I had been using it because I wanted an animated character in the viewport frame but it would only work within a world model.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.